Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes 
Quote | Reply
Curious if anyone has these shoes or can comment on the fit? Standard, narrow? Happy with them or steer clear?

TIA,
JB
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes  [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Curious if anyone has these shoes or can comment on the fit? Standard, narrow? Happy with them or steer clear?

TIA,
JB

I ordered and received them last week but I still have to actually test them. I'm a size 10.5 in most shoes (casual, running and cycling) and they fit just like I would like them. I like the boa closing that tightens mostly around the forefoot and the rest is tightened down with the strap. Inside feels really comfortable without socks. I race in them nex weekend so I can try and update you afterwards.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes  [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks! Would you say that you have a regular foot width? I'm between these and bonts.. But I see lots of Ppl seems to have a hard time getting Bont sizing right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Awesome, thanks! Would you say that you have a regular foot width? I'm between these and bonts.. But I see lots of Ppl seems to have a hard time getting Bont sizing right.

I recently moved from Fizik to Bonts. I loved the Fizik in almost every way - light, stiff, fantastic foothold - but they're just too narrow for me. How narrow? When standing on the insole, two entire toes are outside. I was getting numb feet on long rides and my big toe joint was getting inflamed. None of that with Bonts, although sizing has to be spot on with those (due to their super-stiff bathtub sole).

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:

Ik would say I have a regular foot width
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They look hot. I had the top of the line road shoes and they were narrow for me FWIW
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes  [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot, like whoa or hot, like temp!? 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot like whoa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:

TIA,
JB

We sell them, so what i can tell you is this:
- hot, yes in looks not so in temp. Although they are maybe warmer then these shoes without a tongue. But they are no hotter then any other ‘closed’ bike shoe.
- inside is really nice, soft no stitches
- upper fits like a running shoe, really nice midfoot fit
- very true to the size, even on the large side. Most of running shoes are 40,5 and i can wear the fizik’s in size 40
- width, not narrow but not overly wide like lake’s or wider models. I do have wide feet and can wear them although a tiny bit on the narrow side for my wide flippers. But most normal width feet will fit.

For the rest everything is high quality material

Regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes  [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
JBell wrote:

I recently moved from Fizik to Bonts. I loved the Fizik in almost every way - light, stiff, fantastic foothold - but they're just too narrow for me. How narrow? When standing on the insole, two entire toes are outside. I was getting numb feet on long rides and my big toe joint was getting inflamed. None of that with Bonts, although sizing has to be spot on with those (due to their super-stiff bathtub sole).
So, they're not narrow, the toebox is. Same principle with most running shoes. Bonts are much closer to the human foot shape in their last. Too bad (in my experience) the quality control sucks. The cleat plate/cover seemed to be made of cheese. In 400+€ shoes! My 90€ Shimanos were much better made.
Went with Northwave which aren't anywhere close in comfort in the toebox, but much better under the balls of the feet (cleat area).
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes  [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the thoughtful reply! Great feedback, much appreciated!
Jon
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro R3 Infinito Shoes  [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
tessar wrote:
JBell wrote:

So, they're not narrow, the toebox is. Same principle with most running shoes. Bonts are much closer to the human foot shape in their last. Too bad (in my experience) the quality control sucks. The cleat plate/cover seemed to be made of cheese. In 400+€ shoes! My 90€ Shimanos were much better made.
Went with Northwave which aren't anywhere close in comfort in the toebox, but much better under the balls of the feet (cleat area).

No, the entire shoe is narrow (Fizik). Which is fine for the heel, I like a tight, contoured heel. It gripped my midfoot amazingly and the front BOA did a great job adjusting that. Since I have low-volume but wide feet, the rear of the Fizik was perfect, only the front was problematic.

My Bont Helix are so far very satisfactory. Need a longer time in the oven than Bont say (even with a secondary thermostat confirming the temps) to mold, but otherwise top shoes.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply