Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone rode Conti GP5K on Super 9, new 404, and/or Bora 50?
Quote | Reply
What are your impressions, especially vs GP4K? If any, which latex tubes would you recommend for GP5K? Thanks!!
Last edited by: vladi: Mar 23, 19 20:37
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone rode Conti GP5K on Super 9, new 404, and/or Bora 50? [vladi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my Super 9, I went from 23mm GP4000 to 25 mm GP5000, since the GP5000 measures closer to advertised width than the GP4000 does. But I was just testing it out. Haven't had a chance to race on it yet. My impression is that it's a great tire like the GP4000

I also switched my road bike Giant SLR aero wheels to it and have given it a few longer rides. Again, I like it just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone rode Conti GP5K on Super 9, new 404, and/or Bora 50? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a super 9..... Hope more chime in!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone rode Conti GP5K on Super 9, new 404, and/or Bora 50? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 5000 on 404’s on my roadie - also on a bonty Aeolus 7. The super 9 I still have a 25mm gptt

Not much to say, it grips fine feels good no issues with flats etc touch wood.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone rode Conti GP5K on Super 9, new 404, and/or Bora 50? [vladi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vladi wrote:
What are your impressions, especially vs GP4K?

I've ridden my super 9 with gp5k now in both dry and wet conditions.

Happy to report it feels great with no slipping or lack of grip feel.

However to compare to the gp4k, I don't think you can expect an answer.

Did you feel your gp4k was lacking in any area?

These are tyres, and the same tyres with slight tweaks.
You cannot feel the difference more accept it's hopefully the better upgrade due to advancements.
Quote Reply