Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Daughter is lawyering me...
Quote | Reply
So watching New Amsterdam, and they recommended the parents get divorced so that the mother who has no income would then qualify for federal aid for the kids Meds. a big ta do follows with the kid saying he doesn't want his parents living in sin blah blah blah.. I point out to my kid that getting a legal divorce means nothing to the Catholic church and that in the eyes of God they would still be married as long as no annulment is granted... anyhow..

She then ask's if getting the divorce would be fraud... I don't think so, (she used the example of marriage for citizenship, found that its written in the immigration law the marriage can not be solely to gain citizenship).. so would getting a divorce but still living together be fraud? I maintain no, but figure someone here would know or could give a more legally sounding answer one way or the other.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: My Daughter is lawyering me... [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my understanding that on federal aid applications, they ask for income information for the entire household. I don't think marital status is a factor. So if they divorced so that the wife would become eligible for benefits, hubby would have to move out. It would be fraudulent for him to remain in the household and not disclose that and his income.
Quote Reply
Re: My Daughter is lawyering me... [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
It's my understanding that on federal aid applications, they ask for income information for the entire household. I don't think marital status is a factor. So if they divorced so that the wife would become eligible for benefits, hubby would have to move out. It would be fraudulent for him to remain in the household and not disclose that and his income.

^^^This. Any income-based aide would take into consideration the income of the household, not just the applicant him/herself.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While you're at it, declare yourself a sovereign citizen and you won't be subject to the income tax.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That show has mentioned their “community fund” paying for things so I assumed they were talking about that. In an earlier episode the Fund paid for a guy to stay in an apartment.
Quote Reply