Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alpha X users - Q?
Quote | Reply
Installed new Alpha X bars on my P5-3. It seems it takes quite a lot of torque to get rid of the slack between the fork and the stem. Guide suggests 15-18NM. Ain't that a lot ?

Also, I feel flex when I apply force to the bullhorns. Anyone experienced this ?

Thanks !
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats a lot, but I had confirmed with Nick and he had said that its rated for that.
Also make sure that your stem is lined up correctly with the orange ring at the bottom to ensure its sitting flush with the frame.

Been on the Alpha X for a while now. Have not seen any flex on the horns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:
Also, I feel flex when I apply force to the bullhorns. Anyone experienced this?
I've been on an Alpha X for a couple years and have 0 flex. That sucker is a rock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is true and it is also true the thing will come loose if you don't torque it quite a lot. I am usually closer to 10-12 cause that is all I'm willing to do. The risk obviously isn't to the bar, it's to your fork . . . always nervous I'm going to hear a crunch when I tighten it up.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, the BTA is quite tight with my current set-up. I really don't want to sacrifice the aero benefits of close pads...

Anyone tried the Ergo cups ? I like the feel of the original light pads, but my forearms are a bit squeezed between the cups and the Gorilla cage.

Your thoughts ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Ergo cups. Way more comfortable than the original arm rests.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the fork have the reinforcement sleeve in place? I see quite a few of these left out.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Does the fork have the reinforcement sleeve in place? I see quite a few of these left out.

Yes. I realize that the stem needs quite a lot of torque. I also applied fiber grip, like the installation guides suggests. Should be fine, but I'm scared of breaking my fork by applying too much torque to the single nut of the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same concerns you did, especially regarding potential damage to my fork. I originally torqued mine to about 7 nM. I noticed my headset loose a few months later. I forgot I hadn't torqued it to specs. Tightened and torqued to 12 nM. Problem solved.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:
ktm520 wrote:

Yes. I realize that the stem needs quite a lot of torque. I also applied fiber grip, like the installation guides suggests. Should be fine, but I'm scared of breaking my fork by applying too much torque to the single nut of the stem.

If the sleeve is in you will be fine, I also have the bars on a P5-3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue you describe on my IA 10. Not sure how to get rid of the ever so slight wobble when I’m on the bullhorns.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sleeve are you referring to? I just went back and looked at the installation guide to make sure I wasn't on crack, don't see any reference to a sleeve.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot us an email with video and we will be happy to troubleshoot - support@tririg.com

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
What sleeve are you referring to? I just went back and looked at the installation guide to make sure I wasn't on crack, don't see any reference to a sleeve.

Steerer sleeve is referencing the OP P5 fork and nothing to do TriRig. With the high compression of stem having this sleeve in would be even more important on the Cervelos forks.

IMO, a compression nut would be perferred on other forks verus just a star-nut.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I ride a 17 P3 and clamp it right at 15-18 Nm every time without issue. Just a tip - make sure you are greasing the bolt otherwise it will start to bind and jump when you are torquing it which is not a good feeling!

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I had a very <slight> creaking and wobbling feeling on my Alpha X as well for ~6 months and it wouldn't go away no matter my torque level or other adjustments I tried. Decided to remove the one spacer I had under the base bar, and that eliminated my problem. Maybe I couldn't get enough downward pressure against that spacer to seat everything or maybe the spacer itself allowed the slight wobble due to the cable cutout, dunno. It's been rock solid for 18 months now, with my base bar all the way down against the Tririg low profile dust cover without spacers.
Last edited by: jgfurr: Mar 25, 19 6:08
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X users - Q? [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
For what it's worth, I ride a 17 P3 and clamp it right at 15-18 Nm every time without issue. Just a tip - make sure you are greasing the bolt otherwise it will start to bind and jump when you are torquing it which is not a good feeling!

Greased the nut, putted fiber grip on the fork, got the right torque with a torque wrench and now it's perfect.

Who kept the original square pads ? I like 'em and might buy Ceegees. The ergo are really nice buy I like the look of the original ultra light pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:
Who kept the original square pads ? I like 'em and might buy Ceegees. The ergo are really nice buy I like the look of the original ultra light pads.
We still sell them as spare parts. Not too many left, after which they will be discontinued. https://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=ergocups

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply