Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
better than paint balls i suppose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"During active shooter drill, four teachers at a time were taken into a room, told to crouch down and were shot execution style with some sort of projectiles — resulting in injuries to the extent that welts appeared, and blood was drawn," a statement from the Indiana State Teachers Association on Wednesday said.

If that's truly what happened, then it's too far. And how is that even necessary component of an active shooter drill? What are they learning that could be used in a real life situation? What would have happened if, instead of crouching down, one or all of the teachers had instead rushed the "shooter" and beat the crap out of him?

That said, it participation was voluntary and all were told in advance what would happen, including that the might get shot at close range in a way that could leave a mark, then I don't see much of a problem other than it probably being a waste of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Add that to the "Only in America" file.
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
"During active shooter drill, four teachers at a time were taken into a room, told to crouch down and were shot execution style with some sort of projectiles — resulting in injuries to the extent that welts appeared, and blood was drawn," a statement from the Indiana State Teachers Association on Wednesday said.

If that's truly what happened, then it's too far. And how is that even necessary component of an active shooter drill? What are they learning that could be used in a real life situation? What would have happened if, instead of crouching down, one or all of the teachers had instead rushed the "shooter" and beat the crap out of him?

That said, it participation was voluntary and all were told in advance what would happen, including that the might get shot at close range in a way that could leave a mark, then I don't see much of a problem other than it probably being a waste of time.

Aren't teachers supposed to be armed? They should have shot the shooter.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do other countries do their active shoot drills in school?
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
How do other countries do their active shoot drills in school?

Hahahahahhahahaha

That's a good one.

No one cares, cause 'murica

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
better than paint balls i suppose.

Screw regular paintball guns. We used Simunition during a lot of our practicals at Quantico. Glock that shot .40 cal sized paintballs at like 500-600 fps. Hurt like a motherfucker. I got triple tapped in the back from a range of about one foot. Left three bleeding welts that bruised up rather nicely. We weren't supposed to shoot each other from that distance but there's always an overzealous person in the bunch. Another time I took a round on the knuckle of my trigger finger. I was holding the ballistic shield and that was literally the only part of my body exposed... so it was a heck of a lucky shot. It tore all the skin off my knuckle. I still have that scar.

Airsoft guns ain't got shit on a Simunition round. That stated, nobody should be shooting teachers execution style with an Airsoft gun during a training and awareness exercise.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Mar 22, 19 19:35
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to second this. The teachers should have been armed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this is Iraq or Afganistan surely? - where your kids are so at risk of getting shot in their classrooms that you have to practice for how to deal with it when it happens.

This is NOT normal!
Last edited by: RCCo: Mar 23, 19 0:55
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And how is that even necessary component of an active shooter drill?

You really don’t know?

Clearly this entire charade is designed to scare the living shit out of the people involved.

Much easier to get your agenda implemented in a society that is afraid.

One needs only to look at the Patriot Act stemming from the WTC attacks for an example.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

You really don’t know?

Clearly this entire charade is designed to scare the living shit out of the people involved.

One needs only to look at the Patriot Act stemming from the WTC attacks for an example.

Plus it is paid for by George Soros! My cat told me!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess that you need to be much more specific about that "agenda" that this small town police department is trying to implement.
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

You really don’t know?

Plus it is paid for by George Soros! My cat told me!

I’m into the whole Soros/Koch brothers boogie man BS.

You must be mistaking me for someone else.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How to do an active shooter drill correctly [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Guess that you need to be much more specific about that "agenda" that this small town police department is trying to implement.

I guess he thinks that small town police are all liberals. Instead of just a sizable amount of former military guys who get carried away with tactic-cool stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:

Control. Power. Compliant culture.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be more specific. This is an area in which there is probably a lot of support for having all teachers armed, which is largely opposite of compliance by many measures (although also a crappy idea). I agree that there is a whole lot of stupid-level paranoia out there, and that some populations have gone off the deep end. It seems that this tiny department is sucked in to that vortex of stupid, rather than masterminding it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Be more specific. This is an area in which there is probably a lot of support for having all teachers armed, which is largely opposite of compliance by many measures (although also a crappy idea). I agree that there is a whole lot of stupid-level paranoia out there, and that some populations have gone off the deep end. It seems that this tiny department is sucked in to that vortex of stupid, rather than masterminding it.

Sure. Ok. Fair enough.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply