Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can someone explain this?
Quote | Reply
Tweet from DJT:

"It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!"

Is Trump blocking the sanctions that his own Treasury department imposed today? Or am I missing something...?
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Tweet from DJT:

"It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!"

Is Trump blocking the sanctions that his own Treasury department imposed today? Or am I missing something...?

This tweet is much more coherent that the one I posted about last week.

Meanwhile "North Korea Pulls Out From the Inter-Korea Liaison Office". I thought solving the NK problem was easy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
translation:

BOOM!!! You LOSERS in Treasury just got OWNED!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry the White House officially responded:

“President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn’t think these sanctions will be necessary,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders says.

That is not a joke, that is the actual explanation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Tweet from DJT:

The discrepancy between U.S. treatment of North Korea and Venezuela couldn't be starker.

North Korea is "more Communist" and worse in every conceivable human rights and national security metric than Venezuela....yet for some reason Trump just adores Dear Leader.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nixon had "Ping Pong Diplomacy"
Trump has "Twitter Policy"

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the Trump Russian pee pee tapes were with North Korean hookers, and Kim Jong-un has a copy as well.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The discrepancy between U.S. treatment of North Korea and Venezuela couldn't be starker.
North Korea is "more Communist" and worse in every conceivable human rights and national security metric than Venezuela....yet for some reason Trump just adores Dear Leader.

Well, NK is a nuclear threat to the US and Venezuela is a complete shit show of it's own making, that really doesn't affect the US.

Not to mention, that Trump is supportive of what he/the US deems the legitimate leader of Venezuela.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Tweet from DJT:

Obviously Kim strongly denied something.
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Well, NK is a nuclear threat to the US and Venezuela is a complete shit show of it's own making, that really doesn't affect the US.

Not to mention, that Trump is supportive of what he/the US deems the legitimate leader of Venezuela.

The chiropractors in your area must love working the kinks out after you twist yourself into knots to justify anything Trump.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Maybe the Trump Russian pee pee tapes were with North Korean hookers, and Kim Jong-un has a copy as well.

This has to be it. I'm sure Mueller is making calls right now to his team that quit on him to have them come back.
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
efernand wrote:
Quote:

The chiropractors in your area must love working the kinks out after you twist yourself into knots to justify anything Trump.

Trump is a genius. See, you need to keep your enemies close. Like really close. Like sharing classified information with them in the Oval Office close.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Not really.

Does it not make sense to warm relationships with NK? To try to remove the nuclear threat? Obviously, it's not going to happen overnight, but it seems like a laudable goal.

Venezuela? We are supporting the democratically elected leader, and (trying to) providing humanitarian aid. What else should we do? Invade?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Not really.

Does it not make sense to warm relationships with NK? To try to remove the nuclear threat? Obviously, it's not going to happen overnight, but it seems like a laudable goal.

Venezuela? We are supporting the democratically elected leader, and (trying to) providing humanitarian aid. What else should we do? Invade?

No.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Not really.

Does it not make sense for the Administration to be on the same page as its own Treasury department?

I guess today is just another day in the shit show that is the Trump Administration. I mean really...
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

It's the parades. Who doesn't love a guy who loves a good parade in his own honor?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Sort of like the way we deal with Iran.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone explain this? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Sort of like the way we deal with Iran.

Iran has ideological motivations to hate/destroy the US, and also has an expansionist outlook (spreading it's ideology). And there isn't much that will change that.

NK, not so much. They have been an "enemy" basically for historical reasons. Sanctions seem to be working, and they, along side NK's own spending on it's military and nuclear programs have crippled it's economy. Assuming it's long term goals are to at least continue to exist, it's best bet is to normalize relations with the US, and seek reunification with SK.

Why does NK want to be an enemy of the US? Why does it want nuclear weapons?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump is simply wearing his white hat here. Saying to KJU, "I am your ally in this, if I let Bolton (the current wearer of the black hat) have his way no good will come of it for you. Now, how can we make this work so we two can both save face and lay claim to a win?" It just may be the last gasp to recover from Hanoi failure. Can't see any more cards for Trump to play.
Quote Reply