Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't just go electric. The next generation of electric supercars are going to make these look like clunkers.

There is rumors of an electric gas hybrid with awd.
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
From what I've seen, I believe it'll be in the $120s

That’s future faster models like the zr1, the base is only supposed to be slightly more than the c7.
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked again and you're correct. An article I read a few months ago indicated the price I stated. I'm in the small group who is looking forward to this car.
I'm being a homer but I love seeing the Corvettes do well in IMSA and WEC over the Porsches, Ferraris, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I had to double check because I thought that didn’t sound right. I love the current model. I may pick one up in a couple years when they do the corvette price nose dive.
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
This has been rumored for almost as long as the new Supra was, and has been seen running around for a while. One recently broke down at a gas station in Milford. .

Milford Connecticut?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell you what, a lot of these mid-engine sports cars are starting to look the same.

Paint it yellow and put a Corvette logo on the front, and you could convince me this is the new Vette.

Quote Reply
Re: Mid-Engined Corvette C8 Spotted [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Ferrari fans, that P80 has design elements and cues that harken back to Ferrari's from the 60s and provide design continuity. They'd never see that as a 'vette.

Porsche is another one that's been able to constantly put out models that are new, yet still have a familiar tie to past designs. In fact their entire lineup has a distinctive style over history.

Ford Mustangs did this successfully only recently. Toyota/Lexus - not a lot of continuity or consistency, more a disruption every now and then.
Quote Reply

Prev Next