Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local politics
British Royal houses (was the jeopardy final q the other night)
Soccer
Today's music
Crack
Daytime TV
Pro Wrestling

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
I don't know what I don't know.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alot of the fancy-pants 'arts' - classical music, poetry, Shakespeare, operas, etc.

My wife is very good at Jeopardy, she legitimately needs to try out because she'd have a real shot. Compared with her, there are very few categories I beat her at other than sports and technology. I SUCK at general trivia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cricket

All I know is they wear white, and there's throwing & hitting ... OK, so I know three things, maybe, so it's not ABSOLUTELY nothing

Is the thrower trying to knock the sticks down? Or is that bad? Is there any running after hitting?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is everything you need to know about the rules of cricket:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atkid wrote:
Here is everything you need to know about the rules of cricket:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

@Kid

Can you go a bit more in depth about the ins and outs of the game?
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
The bible or any other religious texts outside the better known stories / parables

Classical music

Artists

Physics chemistry astrology

Actually. Pretty much everything

This. I think I know a little bit about a broad range of subjects, but, I know a lot about very little.

One of the reasons I enjoy the LR so much is there seems to be an expert on most subjects here. I enjoy seeing someone ask an obscure or specific question and reading a detailed, thoughtful response.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently my former career, which I am attempting to re-enter, based on the job interview I had today.

Aside from that - superhero movie characters. And that Harry Potter shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a little about a lot. Things I know nothing about are generally things I'm completely uninterested in. This would include:

professional sports
how computers work
abstract art
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Cricket

All I know is they wear white, and there's throwing & hitting ... OK, so I know three things, maybe, so it's not ABSOLUTELY nothing

Is the thrower trying to knock the sticks down? Or is that bad? Is there any running after hitting?

Well you got the throwing bit wrong for starters. You have to bowl the ball with a straight arm. If you break your elbow and throw it, it's a "no ball."

[shakes head]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
18th century French poetry, ok any French poetry. Other than that I am good. And maybe opera, though I know about the most famous works I can't stand listening to it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my other thread, don't know a lot about electrical engineering, in cars or other.
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
Physics chemistry astrology

The fact that you listed these three subjects in one 'category' does demonstrate your knowledge of the physical sciences.

Hahaha!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Cricket

All I know is they wear white
, and there's throwing & hitting ... OK, so I know three things, maybe, so it's not ABSOLUTELY nothing

Ya mean like this

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: What subjects do you know absolutely nothing about? [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cars,
Football
Celebrity culture
TV shows
Quote Reply

Prev Next