Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Birthdays [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Relatedly to your relatedly, I keep mine hidden because I don’t want fake birthday wishes from people who don’t give a shit that it’s my birthday and they only say happy birthday because that’s what’s expected.

If that is “social norm” then count me out.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Birthdays [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. If you're an adult, I don't care if it's your birthday. Unless there's cake.

I don't like to work on my birthday (It's at the end of June so I make it a 4 day weekend). So It's rarely an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Birthdays [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At my work there is a birthday club. You get a cake brought in for your Big Day (complete with having Happy Birthday sung to the Special Boy/Girl). Most people are over 55. Then you bring in a cake for the next person's birthday. Fuck that noise, I refused to tell anyone my birth date. They figured out what week it was, and I got a damned cake anyway. It was delicious. But they didn't bug me about it the next year.

Facebook doesn't know when it's my birthday, either. Pithy greetings from strangers bug me. My friends already know, and hardly bother to acknowledge it, which is awesome. I do the same for them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next