Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

E-Motion Rollers and aerobars?
Quote | Reply
Curious, for any that own e-motion rollers, if any of you regular do workouts mostly or entirely in aerobars on a TT bike on them?

Or is that unrealistic for long stretches, and is it just far more likely that I'd just stay on the bullhorns while on those rollers?
Quote Reply
Re: E-Motion Rollers and aerobars? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not used my E-Motion rollers in while (mostly use kicker) and when I did in aero I had a dedicated trainer bike with clip-on and my old Felt B10 was not fit very aggressive. I was able to use those bike for long sessions and the more I did the better I got with them. However, my new bike is fit more aggressive and I am not sure I could, but maybe I could if I put some time in it.

Seems like how aggressive one's fit may be could be the deciding factor. Or I could just attach the fork stand if I needed. I thought it was a good purchase/addition to have with the rollers and to use for certain types of sessions.
blog post
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Mar 21, 19 12:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do alot of my riding on the E-Motion Rollers in the aerobars, both with my Road TT Bike, and my Track Bike with the Aero Bars ! I don't know what your experience level is with them, but as you get more and more comfortable on them, which translates to being relaxed and smooth, it becomes easier. It will require a bit of focus, so I don't know if I would be able to watch TV with them, but, I use the sufferfest app just fine.

Starting out, if it is possible, it might make it easier to raise your bars bit, creating less of a drop from your normal road position.

I think that the E-Motion Rollers with the ERG feature is the best indoor trainer out there, and I'm sure you will get the hang of it quickly, and you will see an improvement in your road riding as a result.

db
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own them and I use the fork stand if I am on my triathlon bike. I tried once or twice, but am simply afraid to make the move to the aerobars. It could be done, though I'm not sure what the benefit would be, better just to use the fork stand.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never used e-motion rollers but have been in and out of aero on my slice and cervelo p2c before that on my bottom of the barrel performance rollers. This was accompanied by a lot of high pitched "he he!"'s (think Michael Jackson) in early attempts that went away with practice. I could watch tv, but gave up on ice hockey, which was just too fast paced for me on rollers.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At one time I tried to train exclusively on my e-motion rollers but I found it just required too much focus considering most of the time I roll out of bed and hop on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using e-motion rollers for ~9 years and I'm really comfortable on them with a road bike. Can ride no-handed, grab bottles or eat with no problem. Really not much different than riding on the road. I'm usually Zwifting more than watching TV, but there are certain elements that can cause steering challenges. If I'm watching a football game, I'll tend to want to "follow" the play to the left or right and can end up hitting the edge of the rollers. Watching shows/movies is fine, just seems to be sports mostly. The brain wants to steer/lean in the direction you are looking. Similar issue in Zwift when you have a bunch of tight turns - I have to think about it a little (or look away) to avoid the steering input. My TV is like 60" and only a few feet in front of me, so it can be pretty immersive.

I'm not a triathlete, but I do have a TT bike and I'll use the e-motions to get some aero time when I have a TT coming up. It's nowhere near the level of comfort/stability I get on my road bike. To be fair, I don't spend near as much time on the rollers w/ the TT bike, so maybe I could get to a level of comfort, but I think it's just the added weight on the front wheel makes it more skittish. It's also really hard for me to see my TV screen in aerobars because it's mounted pretty high.
Quote Reply