Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Smart trainer advice [guadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current kickrs have a serious problem with faulty shaft key,
Even replacement units have the same problem.
There are countless examples in the fb group.
Some persons are on their third or fourth factory replacement with same issues.

I would stay far away from kickr for the while.

guadzilla wrote:
i have finally decided to ditch my trusty old Kurt Kinetic and get a smart trainer.

Wanted advice from people on which one to get:
- Tacx Flux2
- Tacx Neo2
- Wahoo Kickr
- Wahoo Kickr Core

Budget-wise, I am comfortable buying any of them - although obviously I would prefer to not spend more if i dont have to.

Specifically, what i am looking for:
- Something that atleast equal to, or better than, my KK in terms of road feel (I am hoping better!) - am willing to pay more for a better road feel
- Power that matches closely with Quarq, which is what I have on all my bikes
- Works with minimal fuss with a Mac, Zwift and Trainerrroad - I really *dont* want to faff around with settings and troubleshooting and excessive calibrations and all the crap. Wanna get on the bike, turn stuff on and just ride
- Nice to have: an ERG mode which doesnt destroy my cadence if i ease up for a second
- Quiet would be nice

What I dont care about:
- 2000W vs 2500W. I am not doing sprint work on a trainer - just tempo to anaerobic (1') intervals (covering say, 200-500W)
- Super high gradient: meh, doesnt have any value to me. 14-15 degrees is sufficient

I have read the reviews and as per DC Rainmaker, the Kickr Core does everything the Kickr does. There is an issue transmitting HR and cadence, but presumably, if i use a Garmin headunit on my bike, that will also receive and record this data from my bike, so that isnt an issue. Similarly, the Flux2 seems to do everything that the Neo2 does, except for the pedal analysis and the higher flywheel weight.

For those of you who have compared the bigger brother to the smaller for either or both of these models, can you comment on the road feel?

And are there any usability "gotchas" or concerns i need to be worried about?

TIA
Quote Reply

Prev Next