Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jerseyman Triathlon NJ
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, I am currently training for my first ever Olympic tri and I am shooting for the Jerseyman triathlon in NJ in May.
I am wondering if anybody here has raced this event before? If so what did you think of the event overall? I appreciate any feedback you may have.

Cheers!!
Quote Reply
Re: Jerseyman Triathlon NJ [Barberdolan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, congratulations and good luck on your first Tri!
Second Jerseyman is a fine race, the only gripe one might have is the 'Olympic distance race isn't standard, it is a .9 mile swim, 31 mile bike and 5.8 mile run which is longer on the bike and shorter on the run.
If you are looking for a true Olympic as a first timer you can't go wrong the the New Jersey State Triathlon in late July, that is a fantastic race.

If you live locally shoot me a private message I run a triathlon team and training group in the Princeton/ mercer county area we would be happy to have you join us for some runs and rides this spring. Many of our group are racing Jerseyman and NJ state

Best of luck!! Enjoy it, and enjoy the process.
Quote Reply
Re: Jerseyman Triathlon NJ [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey JustTooFarr -- quick question about JerseyMan, please...is it a race that sells out, do I need to worry about getting shut out? Thanks in advance!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raced it last year and racing it again this year (m25-29). As previously mentioned, it isn't standard Oly distances. Also, the bike course is pretty hilly (at least for Jersey), so be ready to climb and descend (nothing technical though). It's a good first race and relatively low key.

Overall it's a solid race.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Jerseyman Triathlon NJ [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you I really appreciate the kind offer. I am based in Brooklyn NY so it might be a little far to come and train but I am definitely going to register for the event. I appreciate the insight, I am looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of love for this race, as it is a hometown race for me and goes within a 1/4 mile from my childhood home. Water can be a bit cold. Run is flat. Bike isn’t pancake flat. First time I raced there I had the opportunity to meet the late, great, Doug Clark.

Not sure they sellout, but I’d very much encourage you to do the race.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Jerseyman Triathlon NJ [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike and run are challenging and the run is definitely not pancake flat. Round Valley reservoir is one off NJ’s best kept secrets. The race director has one of the best post race food spreads you’ll experience. The race is sold out. Have a blast out there!!
Quote Reply