Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TJ Dillashaw surrenders 135 belt
Quote | Reply
Damn. He was cutting weight like crazy. So, unlikely he would have used a steroid. Must have been something with the weight cut.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — TJ Dillashaw has surrendered the UFC 135-pound championship because of an "adverse finding" in his last drug test.

Dillashaw posted on social media that he would give up the belt after he was informed by the New York State Athletic Commission and the United States Anti-Doping Agency of the results of his test leading up to his last fight in January. Dillashaw suffered first-round loss to Henry Cejudo and failed to become a two-division champion.

"While words can't even begin to express how disappointed I am at this time, please know that I'm working with my team to understand what has occurred and how to resolve this situation as quickly as possible," Dillashaw said. "Out of fairness and respect to the rest of the division, I've informed the UFC that I'll be voluntarily relinquishing my title while I deal with this matter."

A spokesman with the New York commission said Wednesday that Dillashaw was fined $10,000 and suspended for one year for drug use, but declined to give further details.

https://www.yahoo.com/...-150447507--spt.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: TJ Dillashaw surrenders 135 belt [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idiot. According to Cody Garbrand (glass jaw boy) the entire Alpha Male gym is using banned substances. I'm not the least bit surprised to see this in the UFC and predict we'll see more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a point all the failed drug tests begin noticably hurting the UFC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone is being pretty tight lipped about what it was.

"please know that I'm working with my team to understand what has occurred"
I'm going to bet that either TJ or his absorbed twin knows exactly what happened so I find this pretty disingenuous.

And to Perseus - as long as they keep putting on good fights no one cares. Has the NFL been permanently harmed by the laundry list of guys who get suspended?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Damn. He was cutting weight like crazy. So, unlikely he would have used a steroid. Must have been something with the weight cut.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — TJ Dillashaw has surrendered the UFC 135-pound championship because of an "adverse finding" in his last drug test.

Dillashaw posted on social media that he would give up the belt after he was informed by the New York State Athletic Commission and the United States Anti-Doping Agency of the results of his test leading up to his last fight in January. Dillashaw suffered first-round loss to Henry Cejudo and failed to become a two-division champion.

"While words can't even begin to express how disappointed I am at this time, please know that I'm working with my team to understand what has occurred and how to resolve this situation as quickly as possible," Dillashaw said. "Out of fairness and respect to the rest of the division, I've informed the UFC that I'll be voluntarily relinquishing my title while I deal with this matter."

A spokesman with the New York commission said Wednesday that Dillashaw was fined $10,000 and suspended for one year for drug use, but declined to give further details.

https://www.yahoo.com/...-150447507--spt.html

i emailed the guy who was in charge of his weight loss regimen. he's a triathlete, lives not too far from me. he had dillishaw on the ironman plan. i never heard back from the guy. i wanted to know what that guy is doing to get dillishaw that light without sacrificing lean mass.

oh well.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: TJ Dillashaw surrenders 135 belt [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I poked around a bit because I was curious as well.

It bears keeping in mind the UFC doping rules are quite extensive. I assume you know or at least are familiar with Ben Greenfield. I listen to his podcast. He trains quite a few triathletes and MMA fighters. He has often commented that some of the regimens he uses he cannot use on his athletes because many sports have strict restrictions even on, for example, IV use and limit the amount of fluids you can infuse, even if it is only saline.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

It bears keeping in mind the UFC doping rules are quite extensive. I assume you know or at least are familiar with Ben Greenfield. I listen to his podcast. He trains quite a few triathletes and MMA fighters. He has often commented that some of the regimens he uses he cannot use on his athletes because many sports have strict restrictions even on, for example, IV use and limit the amount of fluids you can infuse, even if it is only saline.

i know ben very well. IV use is very restrictive across the WADA code. anything sport or performance related that involves a needle.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: TJ Dillashaw surrenders 135 belt [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JSA wrote:

i know ben very well. IV use is very restrictive across the WADA code. anything sport or performance related that involves a needle.

It's possible TJ wasn't doping, but, was using IV infusion of otherwise permissible substances. For example, Ben talks about taking IV infusions of 100,000 mg of Vitamin C. Even though Vitamin C is not a banned substance, such a manner of infusion would violate MMA rules.

But, I'm purely speculating and giving TJ the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a unique turn for dope cheats, he admits he fucked up.

"I messed up," he began by stating. "I've got to man up to what I did."
Dillashaw was suspended one year by the New York State Athletic Commission and was given a two-year ban by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for testing positive for EPO, a synthetic hormone. The findings came after the bantamweight titleholder lost a flyweight championship fight to Henry Cejudo on Jan. 19.
"I've been having a hard time trying to forgive myself for this, which I should have a hard time," he said.
Dillashaw said he wants to be better for his 15-month-old son and regrets the undue criticism his family, teammates, and gym are taking.
"I want to apologize to my fans, anyone I've let down, obviously my family and my coaches, my teammates. Can't say sorry enough for the stuff you've been dealing with because of me."

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply