Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HRM-Run Not Connecting
Quote | Reply
Last week my Garmin HRM-Run just stopped connecting to my 920XT and to my 510. I double checked all the updates, I am good on all of those. I changed out the battery on the HRM. and still, I get nothing. Is there something I am missing or is my HRM dead and just need replacing?

For the record my HRM is about a little over year old and gets 10-15hrs a week worth of use.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM-Run Not Connecting [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take the battery out. Put it in reversed for a few seconds. Take it out, then put in the right way.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: HRM-Run Not Connecting [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
Take the battery out. Put it in reversed for a few seconds. Take it out, then put in the right way.

Tried it, still doesn't work. Should I just get a new one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a dumb question, but are you wearing it when you try to discover it? If yes, then it's dead. I seemed to have to replace mine every 1-2 years.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM-Run Not Connecting [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me. Only mine lasted 2 years. I’m guessing it’s dead. I’ve tried everything. I think over time with the sweat and water it just conks out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My HRM-Run has been funny as of late. A couple observations, it seems to burn through batteries as compared to the original one. Recently I thought mine was dead too and I pulled the battery out and left it out for a day, then put a new battery in and it's working again.

Overall I'm not a fan of the contacts, housings, etc with these coin cell batteries we use in our HRM, bike computers, PMs, etc.
Quote Reply