Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replace my garmin 310xt
Quote | Reply
My Garmin 310xt finally died. Well actually the watch case disintegrated due to excessive sweat. In a comparable price range are refurbished 910 xt or Fenix 3. They seem to have similar features so probably will both get me to where i was at with the 310 but do you recommend one over the other. I also see there is a new Instinct with is intriguing with its swiss army knife approach
Quote Reply
Re: Replace my garmin 310xt [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you were happy with the 310xt could always get another for cheap. https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/...i-Sport-.html?page=2

could also consider used 920xt. but plenty of people love the 910
Quote Reply
Re: Replace my garmin 310xt [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
if you were happy with the 310xt could always get another for cheap. https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/...i-Sport-.html?page=2

could also consider used 920xt. but plenty of people love the 910

I've had all of them (310, 910, 920, 935)... I'd jump 2 iterations to the 920XT if you can swing it. It's really the best bang for the buck and will likely last longer. Better in many ways compared to the 910 (size, speed at acquiring satellites, communication with your phone, etc).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:
My Garmin 310xt finally died. Well actually the watch case disintegrated due to excessive sweat. In a comparable price range are refurbished 910 xt or Fenix 3. They seem to have similar features so probably will both get me to where i was at with the 310 but do you recommend one over the other. I also see there is a new Instinct with is intriguing with its swiss army knife approach

I went from the 910 to the 935....I usually jump generations. 935 is a night and day difference from the 910. You can't really compare the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from a 305 to 910 to 735. If you can afford it, I highly recommend skipping the 910 and going to the 920. I think they perfected the all-arounder in the 920 from the minor rough edges of the 910.
Quote Reply
Re: Replace my garmin 310xt [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that there are no endorsements yet for the Fenix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@ctbrian - I went through my drawers and found my old 910xt. If you want it, you can have it for free (would be nice if you covered actual cost of shipping). Only caveat is that I just left for Spring Break and won’t be home until 3/29. If you want it, just send me a PM with your address and I’ll send it out.

I also have a 920xt which IMO is a much better watch. If you look up what they are selling for on eBay, I’d sell you mine for 70% of whatever the normal eBay price is plus actual shipping.

Let me know if either interests you...

-JW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might call Garmin and tell them what happened. I dropped my 310xt and cracked the glass. I told them exactly that and they ended up giving me a new one. I do have more Garmin devices than I care to admit but I thought it was really nice of them to do. The 310xt still works just fine for me.
Quote Reply