Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LR census on crazy [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My MIL became ultra religious born again and joined some obscure non mainstream fundamentalist church. Now her whole life evolves around church life with a holier than thou attitude. I've met their minister and he has "charlatan" practically tattooed across his forehead. MIL is very upset that wife told her that she wants to be cremated when the time comes. One of their beliefs is that if you aren't buried after death you won't go to heaven. Fortunately, everyone else in my life is fairly sane.
Quote Reply
Re: LR census on crazy [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
How did you know

Because they worked.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: LR census on crazy [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fierceSun wrote:
LorenzoP wrote:
I know lots of otherwise smart people who believe there's a physical world 'out there' consisting of physical objects moving through space / time.

Wait, what?

I think I'm a physical object that moves through space and time...

...or is this a "its all a simulation" type thing?

It's all just probability waves . . . sorry I had just finished reading this https://www.newyorker.com/...theory-of-everything The notion of the universe as particles / objects in time and space is just not cutting it.
Quote Reply
Re: LR census on crazy [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got nothing.

My grandparents were so religious and worried about what would happen to them when they were dead, they forgot to live. That shit is psycho.

Not to mention my grandfather left every penny to the synagogue and left my grandmother destitute.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: LR census on crazy [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
It's all just probability waves . . . sorry I had just finished reading this https://www.newyorker.com/...theory-of-everything

Quote:
Arkani-Hamed now sees the ultimate goal of physics as figuring out the mathematical question from which all the answers flow. “The ascension to the tenth level of intellectual heaven,” he told me, “would be if we find the question to which the universe is the answer, and the nature of that question in and of itself explains why it was possible to describe it in so many different ways.” It’s as though physics has been turned inside out. It now appears that the answers already surround us. It’s the question we don’t know

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next