Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Riding stock or race wheels? [Coffeeaddict87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that case you've either never seen the storage capacity on a Ferrari and/or you need to drink more six packs of beer ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Riding stock or race wheels? [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding stock or race wheels? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on your race wheels. I personally don’t see a point in getting semi deep race wheels like 60s. I’ve got a disc rear and 90 front so i only use them for races. But to each their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coffeeaddict87 wrote:
Life is to short to ride shitty equipment.

Winner Post of the Week!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding stock or race wheels? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris! You can’t get better feedback than from the company itself. I love my wheels and plan to ride them all the time now.

Canadian wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:
I own a set of stock wheels and a set of Flo 60’s. I’ve owned the Flo 60’s for a few years, but only ride the stock wheels in group rides and training. I threw a wheel cover on the rear 60 and left it on for the 2 to 3 70.3’s I do each season.

A fellow athlete told me that I should only ride stock in training because it makes you stronger and you get a bigger lift at races. I also thought it makes sense to avoid damage to my race wheels.

I was wondering how many ride on their stock versus race wheels. I pulled my Aerojacket off tonight and I’m seriously thinking about going balls deep with the 60’s for some local KOM’s.

Should I keep riding stock or just ride my 60’s? I’ve always felt they should be rode to get my money and enjoyment out of them or am I sacrificing harder training if I can ride just as hard on stock?

We suggest riding your race wheels all of the time. You'll get used to how they handle in windy conditions and, why not enjoy the nice wheels you spent money on. All of our wheels are built with durability in mind and can be used on a daily basis.

Enjoy,
Quote Reply
Re: Riding stock or race wheels? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think like anything- use what you can afford to replace.

I ride my zipps on my Tri bike on days when I’m in the mood. Kinda like wearing a nice watch. I don’t use it all the time, but I do use it. That’s why I bought it.

On the flip side- I rode over some railroad tracks and my wheel dropped into a section between the tracks where the asphalt was chewed away. The wheel would have been destroyed if it was carbon. Good thing I wasn’t using the zipps then.

Accidents happen. In my lifetime I have been rear ended 3 times in my car and I hit a deer once. If I only drove a Ferrari... that would be 4 really messed up ferrari’s.

If you only use the carbon wheels, eventually something will happen.

On my road bike, I have some Specialized Roval carbon wheels. I really like them. They are the “stock” wheel, but really nice. The shop owner said ride them everyday when I inquired about getting some regular box rims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coffeeaddict87 wrote:
Life is to short to ride shitty equipment.
I ride on my race wheels because of that motto and love it more because there freaking awesome

Ride hard

This is the truth!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding stock or race wheels? [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Training wheels and tires are optimised for durability and puncture resistance. If I'm training on nice smooth roads and dry conditions that don't put too much wear and tear on the wheels then I will absolutely ride fast wheels and tires. If I'm riding on roads with potholes, debris, wet weather that grinds down braking surfaces, etc, then I don't need either the cost or hassle of looking after equipment that isn't optimised for those conditions.

This. Plus I don't like making people wait around while I change flats in training rides. And having to deal with valve extenders, etc, increases the time people are waiting. So I stick with very shallow wheels for most training.
Quote Reply

Prev Next