Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UFC joins forces with the NHL
Quote | Reply
No, not really.

I can't stand Brad Marchand but the Bruins had Conor McGregor in their dressing room before the game to motivate them. Anyway, he stuck around for the whole game and got to see the Bruins win in overtime.

Marchand scored the OT winner and then won the award for goal celebration of the year.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Marchand get his ass kicked during that game?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I wish he would get his ass kicked every game.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
No, but I wish he would get his ass kicked every game.

Honestly the shit marchand gets away with is part of the reason I'm just not that interested in hockey anymore. If someone took him out with a career ending injury, I would feel absolutely zero empathy.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Mar 18, 19 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell me about it. He's a repeat offender and only got 5 games for this. Should have been 20.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At this point, his rap sheet is so long, he shouldn't even be playing. The guy clearly doesn't care. And why should he when he ducks punishment like he does hits. Failure of leadership on the leagues part there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Tell me about it. He's a repeat offender and only got 5 games for this. Should have been 20.

Man good Old time hockey there. Great flying elbow, Defensmen should have protected himself instead of slashing his stick on Marchands stick.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, he deserved it... he was dressed provocatively.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

Let me guess, you also like the new NFL rules for QBs, abhor the old hockey fights, and think drilling a batter is "mean."
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

Let me guess, you also like the new NFL rules for QBs, abhor the old hockey fights, and think drilling a batter is "mean."

You think that is ok?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not soft. I am tired of stories like this. If you don't know who he is then that explains your flippant attitude.

Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

You think that is ok?

No, but if he had a cage or shield he would have been fine. I just don't think that deserves a quarter of the season especially because it could have been reflexive protecting himself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I am not soft. I am tired of stories like this. If you don't know who he is then that explains your flippant attitude.

Are you implying Marchand killed him? Otherwise you're off the reservation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. Google Wade Belak.

Maybe google concussions and their link to brain problems.

Or just yearn for the blissfully ignorant days when we didn't have any idea what concussions and repeated hits to the head do to people.

Whatever, your choice.

I don't like players killing themselves. I am soft.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
M~ wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

You think that is ok?

No, but if he had a cage or shield he would have been fine. I just don't think that deserves a quarter of the season especially because it could have been reflexive protecting himself

A cage or shield does nothing to protect the side of the head.

"Protecting himself"? Give me a break.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
windywave wrote:
M~ wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

You think that is ok?

you bet dirty hit.

To be fair I don't think Windy watches/knows anything about hockey.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
eb wrote:
windywave wrote:
M~ wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

You think that is ok?

you bet dirty hit.

Maurice

I watch a lot of the Hawks. Didn't play competitively past a kid.

All I'm saying is in a vacuum look at that play one could make an argument that he was just using his forearm to protect himself from a blindside hit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The whole McGregor thing was a riot, there's video out true if him in the locker room before and after the game plus of him watching rinkside in OT as they won. He was the between periods guest on NESN (surprisingly no F bombs) and said how impressed he was by Chara where he does Greco-Roman wrestling (his dad was an Olympian) as part of his off-season workout regimen. My brother was at the game and said it was rock concert loud when he came out to drop the puck.

As far as Marchand, not a fan either of his BS. The person on the receiving end of that elbow (Marcus Johansson) was traded to the Bruins a few weeks back and Marchand sought him out when he arrived to apologize and clear the air.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: UFC joins forces with the NHL [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

As far as Marchand, not a fan either of his BS. The person on the receiving end of that elbow (Marcus Johansson) was traded to the Bruins a few weeks back and Marchand sought him out when he arrived to apologize and clear the air.

“Hey, uh, sorry for breaking your brain and possibly giving you long term brain damage the effects you might not see for years.

All good?”

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
M~ wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

You think that is ok?

Nobody wears a cage.

Here’s the deal, Marchand is a repeat offender. He does this shit all the time. It’s not to protect himself. It’s not an accident. It was deliberate elbow to the head for no reason other than Marchand is an asshole.

For some reason the NHL refuses to come down hard on him. If this guy was Tom Wilson doingbit he would get 20 games.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not saying I agree with Marchand as I noted above, just mentioning that he did seek him out in person. Doesn't change the fact that it was a dirty hit that put someone out of the lineup and he continues to cross that line.

The long-term effects of concussions are scary, not just in hockey, football and other contact sports. My brother was injured in a construction accident a few years ago and suffered a severe concussion that he still feels the effects of and is unable to return to work. Marc Savard has been out of hockey for over seven years now thanks to Matt Cooke and said he still has rough days, same with Daniel Carcillo who has made it a cause in his retirement to get the league to improve concussion screening and care for players, plus consistent enforcement from the department of player safety.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
eb wrote:
windywave wrote:
M~ wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Jesus you're soft.

You think that is ok?

you bet dirty hit.

Maurice

I watch a lot of the Hawks. Didn't play competitively past a kid.

All I'm saying is in a vacuum look at that play one could make an argument that he was just using his forearm to protect himself from a blindside hit.

Fortunately, in reality this did not happen in a vacuum, and anyone who knows anything about hockey knows Marchand is known for this BS. I wonder if anyone out there has calculated the number of games he has made other players miss from injuries due to dirty hits. It would be a high number. This guy has to be amongst the dirtiest players in the league. He is also skilled, which is why he gets away with it.

Quote Reply