Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 18
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 18 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goal for the week is to do stuff that makes me faster, and to do the healthy coping skills, not the unhealthy ones

I'm on day 6 of using the healthy coping skills and not the unhealthy ones.

Had a good week, and did stuff to make self faster. Swam 5x (4175 yds), rode 2x (21 mi), ran 7x (49.1 mi)

It's spring break week! I fly to Salt Lake tomorrow to see my brother, and my dad is flying in on Thursday. Really looking forward to it. Goals are continued healthy coping skills, and swim twice (today done!)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Mar 18, 19 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday, Ladies!

And happy spring break, Dr. TC! I'm glad you had a healthy week of stress relief and I hope you get to enjoy your family on break :)

Last week's goal was to meet the monster that is monster block training. And yes, I met it. It's a giant, 450-mile tall beast with fangs AND chompy molars. It lashes out with its tail of fatigue and breathes fiery runger down on all in its path. I got in all of my workouts, managed some better sleep, and ate pretty well despite the giant pit of caloric despair in front of me.

This week's goal: Face the monster

M- rest day (nailin' it)
Tu- 85min Zwift and 40min run brick
W- 3300yd swim and 9mi run
Th- 20mi ride with intervals and 30min XT
F- 2.4mi swim and 10min core matrix
Sa- prehab and 13.1mi run
Su- 86mi ride and swim clinic

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Good work on using your healthy coping skills!
Dr_C - your description of the monster is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying :-)

My goals last week were 4 x swim/bike/run and 2 x strength. I did 3 x swim, 3 x bike (started the 4th but could tell after the warm up that it wasn't going to happen), and met my run/strength goals. The highlight was being able to do all my runs outside, even if they were icy/slushy/puddles up to my ankles in places.

This week is a cut back week, so same number of sessions but lower intensity/distance. I'm ready for it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, <clapping emoji> great work using healthy coping skills </clapping emoji> enjoy your break!

Dr_Cupcake, claps for you too and your monster training week.

Scheherazade, OUTSIDE! Hooray for warming weather. I love a good slushy, snowy run.

I ran, biked, and swam four times last week but I didn't do yoga and have the regrets. I have more of the same this week plus work travel.

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so over the weather - rain, cold, rain, less cold, rain, cold. Finally a better week last week with no rain, but Monday I thought I broke my hand. A trip to the doc and no fx, just a sprain, but no swim or upper body gym or even the bike since twisting the wrist was extremely painful. So I'm taking this time to up my step count each day and we are add a little (like 60 seconds at a time) slow jogging in. So far my knee feels OK. We just won't tell the knee replacement surgeon who said no running.

My friend and I did a 5K from my neighborhood on Saturday just to see where I'm at (right around the same time as an actual 5K race from last spring). I'm really not feeling the bike right now. I hate riding in the cold and I really hate riding indoors, even with zwift or other programs like that. My favorite thing right now is Pilates. Hopefully back in the pool this week.

Mon. Pilates (8,209 steps)
Tues. Treadmill and gym (9,674 steps)
Wed. Pilates (8,276 steps)
Thurs. Treadmill and gym (11,336 steps)
Fri. off (8,194 steps)
Sat. 5K walk/jog (11,299 steps)
Sun. Pilates; yoga (8,293 steps)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 18 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your hand, ironclm -- heal fully and quickly and keep your chin up.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 18 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about your hand. re: pool - not sure if kicking appeals to you, but maybe that'd be ok? Hope you're in less pain / pain-free soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello ladies!

Dr. TC: I'm so glad that you're focusing on healthy coping and doing well! Enjoy Salt Lake. I bet it's gorgeous this time of year.

Cupcake: Gaaaah, that block is such a monster. It's just amazing to think someone can do that. And y'all are on that level, and that you've all been so nice to my Newbie butt.

Scheherezade: Woot recovery week! Enjoy being outside for some of it:)

ironclm: so sorry to hear about the pain. Sending lots of healing energies.

I didn't do so well this week:

M: strength + swim NAILED IT!
T: run + bike (running is going really well, fingers crossed that the patellar instability is stabilized) NOPE.
W: bike + strength NOPE.
Th: run YES PLUS MAKEUP BIKE SESSION AND SOME STRENGTH
F: swim + strength NOPE
S: long bike YES PLUS MAKEUP RUN
Su: rest WANTED TO MAKEUP STUFF. DIDN'T

I have some excuses! Was still in California this week, as opposed to upstate NY where I usually live and, well, knowing I was on my way home, I couldn't resist the siren call of legal weed. Now, ladies, besides a handful of times in the states and some obligatory experiences while in Holland, I am not a pot smoker. I do not know what I'm doing. Armed with the enthusiasm of a Newb, however, I smoked way too much and was basically playing a massive game of catchup for the week.

This week is weird, I'm off on another adventure to New Orleans. I'm a music professor, so it's a music conference, and besides being in like the best ever city for a music conference, I'm super involved in this society. It's supposed to be a recovery week too, so my goal is to do something on 6 days, but not try too hard or push myself. I'm also taking biking easy as my sacrum hurts with all the spin bikes I've been using:

M: Running and strength (done and dusted)
T: Swim
W: Running and strength
TH: Bike
F: Running
S: Rest (busiest day of conference)
S: Long bike if my arse feels ok. If not, running.

Thanks for being so awesome!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply