Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not sure flying on a US airline or European would help
Quote | Reply
https://www.seattletimes.com/...-the-lion-air-crash/

This is fascinating if true.

Pilots were completely unaware of a system. The system appears to have been designed such that it could continue to operate and cause a crash. That there was no fail safe or means of checking if the data it was operating on was even correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Not sure flying on a US airline or European would help [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's accurate that the FAA are pushing certification of safety systems down to Boeing, that would seem to be a fairly major conflict of interest.
Quote Reply
Re: Not sure flying on a US airline or European would help [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to know how often this MCAS has kicked in to save a plane from stalling (what it was designed to do)? Surely they have data on that too. Is it necessary? So far it seems to have crashed 2 planes.
Quote Reply
Re: Not sure flying on a US airline or European would help [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not understand all the issues. I agree with CM that at this level of a critical safety process there appears to be a conflict of interest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is part of the reason that the Ethiopia black box went back to France and not to the US for analysis

Andrewmc wrote:
I do not understand all the issues. I agree with CM that at this level of a critical safety process there appears to be a conflict of interest.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply