Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just got back from Nashville
Quote | Reply
Posted a while back--brought the wife, 17 yr old, 12 yr old, and 2 ten yr olds to Nashville for the weekend (From MN).

The follow up:

Drove from MN to Marion IL last Wed--quick stay overnight at a Marriott off the Interstate--not much scenery in IL until we got close to the KY border. Not sure I was expecting much.

Stayed at Opryland hotel--great place for kids, although the gouge you for everything. Worked out well as there was always something to do.

Went to Broadway on Fri Afternoon--ate at Luke Bryan's 32 Bridge., listened to some music, and walked up and down Broadway. Waterpark at the hotel.

Sat went back down to Broadway, ate at Florida Georgia Line House, toured Johnny Cash Museum, Ryman auditorium--cool place.

Hung out at hotel rest of day.

Sat started back for home, last minute decision to stop to see the arch in St Louis, but unable to take the tram due to spring breakers.

Impressions:
Nashville is a cool place. Glad the kids got to experience, and the waterpark was fantastic. Broadway was a little more limited as far as kids go--could definitely see going back with the Mrs for a weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Just got back from Nashville [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You didn't tour the prison in Marion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to Nashville a month ago to see Brothers Osborne at the Ryman. AWESOME venue.

Broadway is meh. It's cool to see and experience the history (the Stage, Tootsies, etc.), but it's way too commercially (i.e., Kid Rock, Luke Bryan, etc. all have bars there now). We drove to tour the Jack Daniels factory one day, which was fantastic, but other than that, there was a lot of Nashville we didn't get to see. Wouldn't mind going back, but just not to Broadway. Paying $10 for PBR is ludicrous.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nashville is a great city being ruined by an inundation of tourists. It is one of the top destinations for bachelorette parties, which is not a good thing.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Just got back from Nashville [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Nashville is a great city being ruined by an inundation of tourists. It is one of the top destinations for bachelorette parties, which is not a good thing.

And, after this weekend - f'ing SEC fans. And I have to be down in it every damned day (office is in the Batman Building). Between drunk bachelor and bachlorette people (and not even just on Broadway - all over the damned place - the Gulch, Germantown, 12 South, East Nash, Midtown), scooters and ma and pa off the farm, dealing with downtown is a major pain.

And 6 weeks, on the SAME WEEKEND, we have the NFL draft, the RnR Marathon/Half/5K, and a Jimmy Buffet concert. AND, hopefully we'll be well into the Stanley Cup playoffs. I should rent out my house for $1,000/night and go out of town.

J-No wrote:
Nashville is a cool place. Glad the kids got to experience, and the waterpark was fantastic. Broadway was a little more limited as far as kids go--could definitely see going back with the Mrs for a weekend.

Did you shell out for the new waterpark stuff? I hear that the Opryland Hotel is a massive ripoff. I've never been there (going out there is a huge pain).

cloy wrote:
Went to Nashville a month ago to see Brothers Osborne at the Ryman. AWESOME venue.

Broadway is meh. It's cool to see and experience the history (the Stage, Tootsies, etc.), but it's way too commercially (i.e., Kid Rock, Luke Bryan, etc. all have bars there now). We drove to tour the Jack Daniels factory one day, which was fantastic, but other than that, there was a lot of Nashville we didn't get to see. Wouldn't mind going back, but just not to Broadway. Paying $10 for PBR is ludicrous.

I was at that BO show! I LOVE The Wild Feathers and was very happily surprised at how good BO was. And yeah, the Ryman is the best place in town to see a show.

On Broadway, the Stage generally has the best music. Jack Daniels is interesting. Next time, stay in town and go to Cosair Distillery and do their tour. Or Greenbriar's (a short bike ride from my house). Lots more to see than just Broadway.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Just got back from Nashville [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!

I've been listening to the Wild Feathers quite a bit since then. We ended up heading into Acme Feed and Seed on Friday night and caught Guthrie Brown's set. Absolutely incredible. That's one thing that I want to go back for---the level of musicianship on any given night is insane.

Also, we had Valentine's Day dinner at 5th & Taylor -- delicious.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Just got back from Nashville [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guthrie Brown is great. Acme always has someone good playing.

Come back during late August when we have Live on the Green - all free music over 4 weeks. That's where I first heard TWF.

Last year's line-up: https://www.liveonthegreen.com/schedule/#/

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply