Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fernando Alonso
Quote | Reply
That guy can drive the wheels off anything.
I wonder why he wasn't more successful in F1? Did he upset the top tier teams?

He's doing well in WEC and was impressive at Daytona this year

He's supposedly looking at Bathurst 1000.
Quote Reply
Re: Fernando Alonso [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit cars and difficulties with team mates

Mcclaren have been a dog for years

Should have won more WC than he did
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

I'm a big fan. One of the very best drivers of his generation. Should have won more F1 championships but has been handicapped by not having good cars for the last several years. We actually sat at the table next to him at a swank restaurant in Montreal the evening of the Canadian Grand Prix back when he was driving for Ferrari. Didn't even realize who he was until the waiter told us. Asked the waiter "do any F1 drivers come here this weekend". To which he replied "that's Fernando Alonso at the table next to you". We let him eat his meal in peace and didn't ask for an autograph. LOL!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I figure he must be difficult at some level since he's had such shit drives for so many years now.
Quote Reply
Re: Fernando Alonso [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

I'm a big fan. One of the very best drivers of his generation. Should have won more F1 championships but has been handicapped by not having good cars for the last several years. We actually sat at the table next to him at a swank restaurant in Montreal the evening of the Canadian Grand Prix back when he was driving for Ferrari. Didn't even realize who he was until the waiter told us. Asked the waiter "do any F1 drivers come here this weekend". To which he replied "that's Fernando Alonso at the table next to you". We let him eat his meal in peace and didn't ask for an autograph. LOL!!

Similar thing happened to me at Pikes Peak Hill climb back in the 80's. My buddy and I were up the hill and talking with the people next to us, when I got in the truck to head home I opened the Race Program and realized it was Roger Mears we were talk with.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like he may have torpedoed his own chances.

Hamilton: Alonso thought he controlled driver market

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He had a pretty good time at Sebring last week too.

And he threw this video https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6v89TAOMM/ on his instagram which made me happy because this little workshop has consumed my life for the last few months.
Last edited by: go so slow: Mar 18, 19 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Fernando Alonso [go so slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome

I am not sure he was necessarily difficult. I think the issue was at mclaren he was never going to trump Hamilton. Hamilton was their bchild prodigy and I think it grated with him

A massively underrewarded driver
Quote Reply
Re: Fernando Alonso [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At Daytona he took his team from something like third to first. In the rain. At night.
But then Jordan Taylor pounced when it mattered.
But what Alonso did was pretty amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Fernando Alonso [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an aside, if you don't follow the Taylor brothers, you should. Great, personable drivers with an awesome sense of humor.
Quote Reply