Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Update:I hate trimming hedges!
Quote | Reply
Of all the yard work, hedges are the bane of my existence. These things are so out of control. I should have had the former homeowner remove them.
Last edited by: EndlessH2O: Mar 16, 19 15:07
Quote Reply
Re: I hate trimming hedges! [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To begin with, I agree with you: the cedar hedges are a pain in the ass...

Now that said, you're either imagining a future pain, as caused by trimming hedges in, oh I don't know, June when Spring arrives, in which case you're crazy. Or, you're actually trimming hedges somewhere in mid-March, in which case I actually hate you a little bit... :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your wife likes it when you trim the hedges.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I hate trimming hedges! [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
To begin with, I agree with you: the cedar hedges are a pain in the ass...

Now that said, you're either imagining a future pain, as caused by trimming hedges in, oh I don't know, June when Spring arrives, in which case you're crazy. Or, you're actually trimming hedges somewhere in mid-March, in which case I actually hate you a little bit... :p

?? trimming !!

Shit, I'm about to mow lawns for the 4th damn time this year already :-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hoping this was a colloquialism - but so boring
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You made my day. When we moved this last time I made sure there was no grass of hedges at the new home. Just rocks. Works for me.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: I hate trimming hedges! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Your wife likes it when you trim the hedges.

I hate it when you knick the balls. Bleeds like a MF'er.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: I hate trimming hedges! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, don’t knick the balls?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I hate trimming hedges! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Um, don’t knick the balls?

Like I'd do it intentionally. I'm not Duffy.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Of all the yard work, hedges are the bane of my existence. These things are so out of control. I should have had the former homeowner remove them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:

Now my wife hates how I am trimming the hedges.

Apparently I have cut them too short.

F-me! I'm only a 1/4 way through...
Quote Reply
Re: Update:I hate trimming hedges! [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't either, but having the right tool makes all the difference. When I bought my current house with about 4 acres and hundreds of feet of 8 foot hedge, I did it exactly once with a Black and Decker Hedgehog corded trimmer. I bought an 8 foot Stihl articulating gas hedge trimmer and the job is done in a fraction of the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both houses we moved into in England had holly hedges. Eight feet tall ones. They would cut you like a knife while you were balancing on a step ladder trying to get to tops trimmed. Sure looked nice though, and our dogs couldn't get through them.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Update:I hate trimming hedges! [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Both houses we moved into in England had holly hedges. Eight feet tall ones. They would cut you like a knife while you were balancing on a step ladder trying to get to tops trimmed. Sure looked nice though, and our dogs couldn't get through them.

Those are some hedges! The English really know how to manage their hedge rows. This mess I inherited is...a mess. Trees growing in and through it, the hedge growing through the fence into the neighbor's yard, donor material growing in it too. I rented the Makita MM4 hedge trimmer, but abandoned that and went full chain saw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try this pro-tip:

Tape down the safety switches so you can operate it one-handed while standing on a chair balanced over a road drain and really reach out over the hedge on tippy toes.

When the chair flips over and you go down like a sack of shit be sure to fling the still operating trimmer high into the air so it might stop before it lands on your head.

Drive yourself to hospital with the resultant head injury because your wife doesn't want you bleeding in her car.

Bingo! You never have to cut the hedge again - because you clearly can't be trusted.
Quote Reply