Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

F1 - Drive to Survive on Netflix
Quote | Reply
By far and away the single best series or stand alone program I've ever seen on any motorsport

Detail, behind the scenes and amazing footage
Quote Reply
Re: F1 - Drive to Survive on Netflix [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm through the first episode, it's quite good so far. I haven't been keeping up with F1 is several years, so the names are new to me.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know nothing about Motorsport.

I find the team, mechanic, and logistics aspects very interesting.

The politics and behind the scenes stuff, really cool. I love the scene where the reporter asks the director “how can you not expect to get fired after this?” He has nothing to say and gets fired a few hours later!

At episode 3, I hope they get a few more drivers involved in the next episodes.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of the series before. Looks like something I'd like.
Quote Reply
Re: F1 - Drive to Survive on Netflix [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many drivers are involved

The logistics are mad, because there are two sets of everything except cars, so Melbourne comes back whilst second sets on way out.

Really amazing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Binge-watched the series over a few evenings. Exceptional. I went back and watched Episode 1 after the last episode and it was as fresh and new, and provided lots of context I missed the first time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
By far and away the single best series or stand alone program I've ever seen on any motorsport

Detail, behind the scenes and amazing footage

I will watch it but must admit I don't find F1 nearly as exciting as it was in the past. Its much more sanitized nowadays.

I just finished reading "The Mechanic - The Secret World of the F1 Pit Lane" by Elvis Priestley. Probably the best F1 book I've ever read because the author was a mechanic with McLaren 1998-2008 and gives a fascinating common man's perspective from the inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic series. Absolutely riveting.

I’d taken a bit of a hiatus from F1, but this re-kindled the fire. Rey impressed by the youngsters - especially the pressure cooker environment they’re operating in where often your team mate is your worst rival.

I soured on Verstappen, who came across as petulant. Also Pérez didn’t come off well. Felt genuinely sorry for Ocon. With another team mate he should have prospered. Hopefully he can get a drive from his current test driver role.

One of the only shows on Netflix I’ve reviewed.
Quote Reply
Re: F1 - Drive to Survive on Netflix [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ocan is reserve at Mercedes. Can only believe Hamilton played some part in that for when he goes

Verstappens a twat. I thought the Renault haas thing was good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I saw that regarding Ocon. I liked how Hamilton defended him in the press conference and told Verstappen he had everything to lose, and Ocon had nothing to lose, so Verstappen shouldn’t have shut the door on Ocon.

When you think you’ve got 20 drivers - who all without fault stated they believed they could be WC - that just brought home what an absolute Great White shark Hamilton must be cruising the pit lane. Hamilton’s dominance, and looking to be the same through 2019, is incredible.

LeClerc looking good and I’m crossing my fingers for Gasly to put pressure on Verstappen.
Quote Reply
Re: F1 - Drive to Survive on Netflix [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hamilton is great but don't underestimate the car

Alonso could have been great

Vettels had variable luck with cars

Hamilton has had cars and bags of talent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Hamilton is great but don't underestimate the car

Alonso could have been great

Vettels had variable luck with cars

Hamilton has had cars and bags of talent

If you want F1 then just watch this. You're not going to see anything like it in today's product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtZ0wv1I8yc
Quote Reply
Re: F1 - Drive to Survive on Netflix [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree. Others can comment, the cars are completely different, down force plays such a role as to reduce overtaking, track design and safety requirements but you'd be hard pressed to argue that ricciardos drive in Monaco or the Renault Haas racing was not exciting or that there are not examples of amazing driving these days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I disagree. Others can comment, the cars are completely different, down force plays such a role as to reduce overtaking, track design and safety requirements but you'd be hard pressed to argue that ricciardos drive in Monaco or the Renault Haas racing was not exciting or that there are not examples of amazing driving these days

I've been following F1 on/off since the mid 60's before I was even old enough to drive. Trust me, this era is quite sanitized compared to previously and this is not another "get off my lawn" post. Its a fact. F1 is contemplating making new rule changes that will bring back the excitement of the old days, including making the cars more apt for the close dicing we used to see. Watched the Australian GP this morning. Just as predictable with a Mercedes 1-2 as I thought it would be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
binge watched it last week. excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know nothing about nothing about Motorsport. I watch top gear/ grand tour, this was about the limit

Last weekend chilling for Oceanside binged almost all of this in 2 days.

Absolutely fascinating and the editing and sound is superb for tv, was watching in noise cancelling headphones). And now I find myself watching practice rounds and qualifying in China. Feel like I have an .00001 percent understanding of the whole thing but the series really helped

It’s like Gladiator on wheels
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 13, 19 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There does not seem to be an F1 thread, so I'll post this in this one.

Second year in a row, the fastest driver in the US, as measured in the US Grand Prix, was from this country:

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you liked Drive to Survive, the Truth in 24 series were very good. Made by NFL Films.

The first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFwoxM1MiBw

The second one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27F26UA1i6M
Quote Reply