Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search the Craft USA website and you will find the best wind briefs. They have boxers too and the wind panel is very nice. The boxers are nice as they can be put over cycling trousers and you can ride in very cold weather as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is this male pre-occupation with the penis?

Since the testicles are in the way, why not have an Orchiectomy? But do understand your reproductive options before undergoing this procedure.

I decided 4 years ago that I want to live in a climate that I could swim year round, so I moved to Florida. Now all I have to contend with is the crazy snowbird drivers on the road.

Suzie
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men, you're all missing the opportunity this situation represents! An earlier poster correctly advised: "First aid for near frostbitten appendages: Immediately apply warm, moist heat to the affected area. Complete immersion is preferred. Once feeling returns, continue warming with vigorous rubbing."
This is the perfect line to give to your wife or girlfriend, or even the helpful good-looking woman who might be willing to help! "Excuse me ma'am, I've got this potentially grave medical emergency. I've got to put my penis someplace warm and moist, preferably complete immersion, followed by friction action. Do you think you could be of assistance?"
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men, you're all missing the opportunity this situation represents! An earlier poster correctly advised: "First aid for near frostbitten appendages: Immediately apply warm, moist heat to the affected area. Complete immersion is preferred. Once feeling returns, continue warming with vigorous rubbing."

You must not be married w/ kids. If I told my wife I needed warm, moist heat applied to Big Jim, she'd hand me a washcloth and tell me to run it under some hot water.

How vigorous is the vigorous hand rubbing? I don't want to do further damage. :-0

---------------------------------------

If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer. =)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else notice that this content is spilling into other threads. I swear "keeping the penis warm" will never leave this thread entirely ... as long as I'm here anyway. ;)
-------------------------------------

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Jan 28, 04 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This was my pearl of wisdom. And here's my medical disclaimer: While I like cute nurses, I am not a doctor and came damn close to flunking Organic Chemistry. So take aforementioned advice with that in mind. But if you can put it to good use, by all means...
---------------------------------------

If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer. =) A partial answer to this is in the t-shirt that Johnny Depp can be seeing wearing in the movie "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". The t-shirt (and it makes a great Christmas present) is simply the slogan "I'm with Stupid". Below the slogan is a hand. Pointed downward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's common among cross country skiers who use the "skating" technique. It's a fast technique and your body position channels the wind into your groin. All you need to do is wear an extra layer of briefs and you'll be fine. You don't need any special gear as long as Jake and the twins are protected behind an extra layer of briefs.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [Tri-Suzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the male pre-occupation with the penis?

Only way to explain it to the better sex is that it is the same thing as the female pre-occupation with shose or hand bags.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ladies, imagine a really good friend who is there on your first day and your last day and every day in between. When nothing else goes right, your buddy is still right there with you.

Well, let's be honest, for a period of a few years (or decades) the penis is the navigator, doing most of the thinking and pointing us in the right direction.

My wife asks me why my 2-year old son plays with his whenever its exposed, as if it's a trick I taught him.

The explanantion I give her could be spoken to every woman ... the preoccupation with the penis is controlled by a gene located on the Y chromosome. Assuming she has no idea of Turner's syndrome or any other trisomy disorder involving multiple sex chromosomes, the answer will stand (it's completely made up of course).

One of these days she's going to ask me why jacob takes 5 showers a day, to which I'll respond "Leave the boy alone". LOL.

Why do men have a pre-occupation with the penis? There have been wars fought over lesser involved discussions.

-----------------------------------

As a point of humor, I heard a comedian comment on a basic difference between gay and straight men ... a straight man names his penis. A gay man names his roomates'. I always thought that was hilarious.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... Cold hands - OK. Cold Feet - OK... But, cold crucial appendages - Not OK... I have a simple rule, when the boys aren't happy, I'm not happy... call me picky, but draw I draw the line when it comes to cold appendages that are what I consider crucial.

For warmth, ya' might consider this product:

http://www.comfynose.com/

COMFYNOSE - "Made for Sturdy Outdoor Use"

They even have a Sporty Nose Warmer which "...looks cool, sexy, and attractive, yet it also provides the same great warmth and protection of the regular model." Ya never know when that may be useful.

Note: ComfyNose comes only in limited sizes... if that makes a difference.

As a side note, Here is an article why potential frost bite and the penis is problematic... actually it was a study by Dr. Melvin Hershkowitz in the New England Journal of Medicine in his paper entitled Penile Frostbite, An Unforseen Hazard Of Joggin'.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/moments/s803095.htm

The funniest part of the article is near the end... it said this (and, I'm not making this up):

"However, there was a minor side effect. Ten minutes into his self-administered 15-minute treatment, his wife returned home to see him standing legs apart in the bedroom, "nude below the waist, holding the tip of his penis in his right hand turning the pages of the New England Journal of Medicine with his left."

There was some explanation needed, which Dr. Hershkowitz writes up as "spouse's observation of therapy produced rapid onset of numerous, varied and severe side effects (personal communication)."

But he re-assured his wife that he was reading the
NEJM only for the articles."

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has already been suggested but The Hand (http://www.the-hand.com/) has to be one of the best wind briefs around. I also found that the Craft wind brief to be very good. I was running this morning in -15F temp and -30f windchill this morning wearing the Craft wind brief and I was just a little cold at the end of my run.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [CapitalTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed so hard at this thread I almost woke my wife up from a deep slumber. Informative, but damn HILARIOUS!! RUNNING ON MARS?????!!!!! FEMALE TRAINING PARTNERS?????!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!! GREAT THREAD.

http://www.imf2006.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you gonna check to make sure he's telling the truth? Your response made me laugh like a madwoman- good one, slowman.

Stacey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I don't use mine, as far as I'm concerned the damn thing can fall off. I'd be better off. It caused me nothing but trouble the last 42 years anyway.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running in the cold: Painful penis [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I went to a running store this past weekend and bought me one of those manly shorts. These were made by Brooks and had a wind panel in front. I ran 1 hour 40 minutes with temps starting arround 15 degrees. When I finished, amazingly that bad boy was still warm. So based on my experience I will definately pick up one or two more.
Last edited by: TRI: Feb 5, 04 11:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next