Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, it ***WAS*** my 2011 Trek Speed Concept 9 series. I got that bike at an absolute steal in early 2014 as "new old stock". Too bad it was destroyed when I got hit by a car in September 2017.

I had that bike dialed in perfectly. Once did 135 miles in a single day on it.

I liked it much better than my current 2018 Trek SC. *** FOR ME *** the 1st generation was better than the current 2nd gen. I'm not very keen on the mono aerobar.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Flat-pedal mountain bike. The contrast between that and a tri bike is astounding and is a blast to hop on and ride for a change. Curbs, debris, cornering, off-road (duh), scenery, position... they are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum of what bikes can do. I'll go for a 2 hour mountain bike ride and it is nothing like a tri bike ride except the legs are going in circles.

In the "smiles per mile" category: Trek Farley 6 with a Bluto fork. Craigslist find, so an inexpensive used purchase and it is my go-to bike to take with me when I travel. It's not fast. It doesn't handle well, unless you consider a tank to handle well. It's not aero. But it is stuupid fun. And I don't have to pay attention to whatever I'm rolling over.

Next up would be my XC MTB.
Quote Reply
Re: For N+1 Bike Owners...please post the one that you favor amongst your collection. [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my Parlee ESX.
light, aero & comfortable.
waiting for the disc version so i can put in bigger tires.
http://[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/fu2ssl.jpg[/IMG][/img]
Last edited by: campled: Mar 18, 19 16:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something I put together for D'Kid

Completely impractical, but fun

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next