Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Banana Republic law enforcement action
Quote | Reply
It's one thing to go after alien Muslims and deny all entry because you are running scared. It's one thing to have the Armed Forces of the US rush to the border to assist in keeping the massing hordes of brown families out.

As reported on NPR, Trump and his border people are going after american citizens in a McCarthy blacklisting fashion. Seems these folks have been placed on the Interpol watch/alert listing because they are wanted for questioning on what they witnessed on Feb 1 at the San Diego border crossing tear gas incident.

This food fight will not go down well for the Donald. Are US lawyers in Mexico and Central American countries who advise asylum seekers breaking any US law? Are US journalists who record their stories breaking any US law? I am sure those folks and others will now cower and crawl back into the US with apologies to all of us for causing a further degradation to our National Security.
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cite a source, please. I’ve no idea whether you’re talking about a truthful event or emotional conjecture, but am interested if you can give a source.
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
National Public radio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
It's one thing to go after alien Muslims and deny all entry because you are running scared. It's one thing to have the Armed Forces of the US rush to the border to assist in keeping the massing hordes of brown families out.

As reported on NPR, Trump and his border people are going after american citizens in a McCarthy blacklisting fashion. Seems these folks have been placed on the Interpol watch/alert listing because they are wanted for questioning on what they witnessed on Feb 1 at the San Diego border crossing tear gas incident.

This food fight will not go down well for the Donald. Are US lawyers in Mexico and Central American countries who advise asylum seekers breaking any US law? Are US journalists who record their stories breaking any US law? I am sure those folks and others will now cower and crawl back into the US with apologies to all of us for causing a further degradation to our National Security.

I buy pants and sweaters at Banana Republic and I've never seen cops. However, I do think I'm on a list because I get an awful lot of e-mails.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are seemingly the only source. Although I am not a blackbelt in google fu.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

It's possible they actually did the reporting and research on it. Like olden times.
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
gofigure wrote:

I buy pants and sweaters at Banana Republic and I've never seen cops. However, I do think I'm on a list because I get an awful lot of e-mails.

Oh look at you, my fancy pants! Going to malls without cops in them

Banana Republics are internally policed by Gap, but if they need real law enforcement, it's the local PD that does it
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
BLeP wrote:

It's possible they actually did the reporting and research on it. Like olden times.

That sounds an awful lot like fake news.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
knewbike wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That sounds an awful lot like fake news.

Well, he didn't say it came from Fox, so it kind of speaks for itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This fake vs real is exasperating. Listening to NPR "all things Considered" show provided interview with an affected photo journalist and an affirmation from ICE about Interpol listing tied to the border event. On review of NPR website I can find nothing. I really don't want to believe that NPR is now not to be believed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
This fake vs real is exasperating. Listening to NPR "all things Considered" show provided interview with an affected photo journalist and an affirmation from ICE about Interpol listing tied to the border event. On review of NPR website I can find nothing. I really don't want to believe that NPR is now not to be believed.

If you heard it this morning it won't show up on the ATC webpage until later today/tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was trying to find the initial story that came out, but this was the best I could do.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I heard it yesterday in the PM. Best slant for me would be that the Interpol listing was pulled once it became public. Almost a "no harm no foul" claim, except that some folks had their travel restricted for a period of time. In a complete fabrication effort, I am willing to go and put the devil incarnate himself, Stephen Miller, at the center of this government ugliness. We'll see. Since lawyers and journalist were the victims, am sure more will come out.
Quote Reply
Re: Banana Republic law enforcement action [Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank wrote:
gofigure wrote:

If you heard it this morning it won't show up on the ATC webpage until later today/tomorrow.

I guess this might be a better fit in Burnthesheep's current crazy thread and I should self report, as I think I am proceeding down a conspiracy road involving 1st amendment abuse by DHS and CBP. Call me crazy!

To update: I found the correct identification of what I heard on my NPR local station. The story was on the WBUR "Here and Now" show of 14 Mar the first hour and is archived. Robin Young is the interviewer. To date I still have not seen anyone follow up on this intriguing story and am off in search and a return to sanity. Oh, the photojournalist interviewed is ID'ed as an American Canadian. Maybe the moose herders will take an interest and join in the craziness of an active conspiracy by the US Department of Homeland Security to violate our #1 right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply