Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainerroad powermatch vs wahoo Kickr 18 issue
Quote | Reply
I finally made the plunge into a smart trainer and purchased a Wahoo Kickr 18...however, I am experiencing some frustrations with it. I have a Power2Max power meter and use trainerroad along with the Kickr in ERG mode and with powermatch on. I have what I call cadence creep when using this set up. Basically, as I ride it seems the flywheel on the kickr gets going and then makes the ride easier...and have to keep increasing my cadence to maintain power. Eventually I have to coast on it to let the flywheel slow down. It is almost impossible to do consistent work at cadences below 90. I usually ride at a 95-100 cadence on the road and when trying to do a trainerroad work out in this range within a few minutes of working hard my cadences has to be in 110 or faster range to maintain power. What gives? Anyone have this issue? Is this a trainerroad or wahoo issue? Looking around on the Trainerroad and Wahoo forums hasn't really helped. FYI spindown test doesn't help. Same issue using Garmin Vector3 pedals also so i don't think it is power meter related. Any help, solutions or direction would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad powermatch vs wahoo Kickr 18 issue [bet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try doing a ride or two with powermatch turned off. Use the trainer for power to TR, and record your PM power separately to your watch / head unit. See how closely they come out. I've run that setup with my Vectors (1st gen) and been happy enough with the results (NP usually within < 5W).

I tried power match with a prior smart trainer (Bushido) and never had great luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad powermatch vs wahoo Kickr 18 issue [bet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only time I have ever experienced this is when TrainerRoad did not connect to the trainer. TR was showing a power target, but I was riding much higher. It was bizarre. Then, I hit devices to realize the issue, connected, and all was well.

That does not sound like your case, but in the same realm. Other than that those few times, my PM on power match works perfectly and tracks nearly identically to when I have power match switched off.
Quote Reply