Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/...ss-action/index.html

The poor dear had to go to Tulane! Scarred for life. Another kid got into Stanford but now feels her degree is devalued and wants compensation. Did she go to Stanford for the education or the reputation? If people put the same energy into achieving stuff that they did into feeling aggrieved they would be a lot better off. Stop the insanity.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tulane should expel her since she doesn't want to be there.
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Another kid got into Stanford but now feels her degree is devalued and wants compensation.

Well, if people are willing to pay millions in bribes to get into Stanford doesn’t increase the value of the degree?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
typical snowflakes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nuts.

USC and UCLA should say they made the correct call in not accepting her due to a lack of emotional fortitude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had just about enough of your Tulane Bashing, young lady!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Did she go to Stanford for the education or the reputation?

Lol! When the conventional wisdom is exactly wrong.
I propose that anyone going to Stanford for the education as opposed to the reputation is too stupid to be going to Stanford.

Edit: Yeah, it's a bit harsh and over-the-top, but this is the LR. If I say it in a reasonable way everyone ignores me. =)
Last edited by: SH: Mar 15, 19 5:46
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me it would have been useless to go to Stanford. They don't even have an Architecture school. Berkeley or even California College of the Arts would have been better. (CCA is the #15 art school, but unranked in every other way)

Which reminds me of Andrew Luck. He said he stayed the last year at Stanford to finish school, he got a BS in architectural design. That degree is not accredited... If he wants to practice architecture after his body explodes, he'll have to go back to school for a 3.5 year M Arch. (But in California and a few other states, if he works for 8-10 years, he can get licensed without a real degree).
So if Luck would have come out early, would he have been #1 instead of Cam? Would Denver pick him in stead of Von Miller? The top 7 picks of that draft are all pro bowlers, #8 was the 2nd QB - Titans picking Locker. Luck as a Titan? Would he have lasted that long? If no one traded, and Denver didn't take him, he would have gone to the Bills at 3rd
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Another kid got into Stanford but now feels her degree is devalued and wants compensation.

Well, if people are willing to pay millions in bribes to get into Stanford doesn’t increase the value of the degree?

Good point.

Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

That's what I don't get. She has set herself up for all sorts of ridicule for the sake of a long shot lawsuit. It must be very emotional.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That's what I don't get. She has set herself up for all sorts of ridicule for the sake of a long shot lawsuit. It must be very emotional.

Yeah. She basically told everyone ahe goes to school with to fuck off
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
For me it would have been useless to go to Stanford. They don't even have an Architecture school. Berkeley or even California College of the Arts would have been better. (CCA is the #15 art school, but unranked in every other way)

Which reminds me of Andrew Luck. He said he stayed the last year at Stanford to finish school, he got a BS in architectural design. That degree is not accredited... If he wants to practice architecture after his body explodes, he'll have to go back to school for a 3.5 year M Arch. (But in California and a few other states, if he works for 8-10 years, he can get licensed without a real degree).
So if Luck would have come out early, would he have been #1 instead of Cam? Would Denver pick him in stead of Von Miller? The top 7 picks of that draft are all pro bowlers, #8 was the 2nd QB - Titans picking Locker. Luck as a Titan? Would he have lasted that long? If no one traded, and Denver didn't take him, he would have gone to the Bills at 3rd

Quick perusal and you could have gone to Tulane.
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:

Quick perusal and you could have gone to Tulane.

Yep.

And another aside that is the opposite of bashing, I used to know a really cute girl who went to Tulane for Architecture
Quote Reply
Re: Didn't get into Stanford, had emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
typical snowflakes

I'm not arguing, but I hope you're talking about the kids and the parents.
Quote Reply