Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: yet another comment my fit [Amateur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amateur wrote:
Your hands look really high, compared to how I ride. Do your extensions go lower? Looks like they are curved upwards by design. I can hit turns pretty nicely in my drops - compared to other triathletes I see on the course. I suspect this would be tougher if my hands were high like yours are.

Fit looks great and can't believe you achieved that just by asking here and following advices. ST rocks!!

Amateur, actually that's the trend right now. I've been following many professional athletes and a lot of them ride that way.
It's supposed to be more aero I've heard. Especially, hands are in really high in position for two athletes using Morf bars.

Jocelyn McCauley

Antony Costes - Highest hands in the business

Kinlei has pretty low and flat position.
I think OP's arms and hands look pretty comfortable. He can play with the aero bards and fine tune I guess.
Last edited by: s13tx: Aug 1, 19 12:09
Quote Reply
Re: yet another comment my fit [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's cool. My only comment is that handling might be better with lower hands.

rbe wrote:
They are indeed curved, Drag2zero arm rests. The high hands position is a bit more relaxed then the normal position. I am not riding uci races so I can use this position
Quote Reply
Re: yet another comment my fit [Amateur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Handling is the same as in the low position. The arm rest are much higher then the default ones. They lock the arms in so more control

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Last edited by: rbe: Aug 1, 19 14:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense, you don't have to worry about going over the bars. First time seeing this "new style." Interesting, thanks.

rbe wrote:
Handling is the same as in the low position. The arm rest are much higher then the default ones. They look the arms in so more control
Quote Reply
Re: yet another comment my fit [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Fit looks great and can't believe you achieved that just by asking here and following advices. ST rocks!!

Yes ST rocks, this fit is from following the advices. Pretty aero 40km/h at 270 watts not bad for a tall guy (191cm 87kg)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can do better, keep looking! Try for 40kph on 240w

rbe wrote:
Quote:

Yes ST rocks, this fit is from following the advices. Pretty aero 40km/h at 270 watts not bad for a tall guy (191cm 87kg)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: yet another comment my fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can I archive that ? (it is a lot)

I can buy a disk wheel that would save some watts over my 90mm wheel.

Replace bar tape with skateboard grip tape
(Not sure if that saves a lot)
Tape di2 wire on to the extensions
Loose some weight 5-7kg

I already use
90mm wheels
Kask mistrial helmet.
Bioracer TT suit.
Rule28 shoecovers.
Ceramic bearings.
Did wax my chain but found no much difference.

Last edited by: rbe: Aug 5, 19 14:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next