Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [HudsonTriBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know if you need another triathlon licence on top of the french one? I am confused as to what documentation we will need to provide.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you buy ur French license? If so it asked for your USAT #

Print the license and bring that and ur USAT card

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This page seems to indicate most non-Europeans will need 2 things:

1) Purchase a French Federation One-Day License (unless you are from one of the ten EU countries listed)
2) Medical Certificate

https://eu.ironman.com/...e.aspx#axzz5x9YdKzt4

The thing unclear to me is whether people with a USA Triathlon license need the Medical Certificate.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am canadian - generally just race on day passes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am bringing the medical certifcate with me. I spoke with my physician, who was baffled at the idea that we needed one considering one had to qualify for the race. I faxed it over, he completed it and I picked it up on my way home. I'll be damned if I fly all the way over there only not be eligible to race because of it. LOL! Better safe than sorry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that if you hold a valid triathlon license from an ITU member country, then you do not need the medical certificate - so if you have a USAT license, or a Canadian license, etc., you only need the one-day French license.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least in Alberta, you can only use the one day pass once per calendar year. I would assume you have already purchased it at least once this year, so your only option would be to just get the yearly membership at this point. And then get the one day french pass. Better safe than sorry.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
My understanding is that if you hold a valid triathlon license from an ITU member country, then you do not need the medical certificate - so if you have a USAT license, or a Canadian license, etc., you only need the one-day French license.
This is the part that I was unsure of...whether USAT is affiliated with ITU and satisfies the Medical Certificate requirement. It seems like it should, but I could not find an explicit reference the affiliation in either ITU or USAT's website. But, Wiki says that USAT is affiliated with the ITU, so I may go with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
This is the part that I was unsure of...whether USAT is affiliated with ITU and satisfies the Medical Certificate requirement. It seems like it should, but I could not find an explicit reference the affiliation in either ITU or USAT's website. But, Wiki says that USAT is affiliated with the ITU, so I may go with that.

] both USAT and CAN are ITU member countries. this is a list of non-ITU countries based on the IM website from IM France. so if you have the valid license, you just need to buy the one day French for a meager $40E

ATTENTION: some Triathlon Federations are not part of the ITU. If you have a triathlon licence from one of the following countries, you will need to bring a medical certificate with you when you pick up the bibs:
Vietnam
Ethiopia
Yemen
North Korea
Mali
Tajikistan
Laos
Eritrea
Turkmenistan
Liberia
Mauritania
Albania
Lesotho
Kosovo
Gabon
Swaziland
Timor-Leste
Comoros
Bhutan
Montenegro
Western Sahara
Cape Verde
Brunei
Vanuatu
Sao Tom and Principe
Federated States of Micronesia
Marshall Islands
San Marino

Originally from: https://www.ironman.com/...e.aspx#ixzz5xAM8BiLi
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean is anyone really going to check if that signature is legit?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not the signature, it's the stamp they have to put on such a document that's a problem for the average non-professional villain. Seems definite from several authoritative sources that USAT members do not have to have the medical cert. but, like DesertTriGuy says, why take a chance if it doesn't even take an office visit (fax) to "couvrir ton cul".
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed them the other day, and this was the response:

Dear Scott,

Thank you for contacting us ! First, congratulations for your qualification !

As an USAT Member, you only need to purchase a one day license, not to provide us a medical certificate, I hope this is clear :)

Have a very nice day, and we are waiting for you on the finishline !

Cordialement / Best regards
FLORA
Athlete Services France
----------------------------------

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, and like sch340, I also got a confirmation email from the 70.3 WC support email address. They wrote:
Quote:
As you are federated with your federation in the US, you need to follow the option 2 on the website. That means that you need to buy a one day license from the French federation, but you do not have to bring a medical certificate.
So, my take is that those of us who have an annual triathlon license (from an affiliated organization) are set and do not need the MC. However, those who race on daily licenses are hosed and will need to get an MC or buy a local annual license from their affiliated triathlon organizatoin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. You are all set. Just make sure to bring ur USAT card and the printed license to check in.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

What would be the best route to go for a bike ride workout while in Nice?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the interest of trying to pack light, do you think the water temps should fall into legal limits by race day? I'd love not to bring it, but I'm also not going to handicap myself if the race is wetsuit legal.
I also plan on picking up all my nutrition at Ironman village when I get there. I trained with SiS and Gatorade endurance coming up to this so shouldn't be a problem.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks!!

Almost unlimited options. It depends a bit on where you are staying and how much climbing or traffic you are comfortable with. From downtown most of your options will probably include part of the cycling path along the ocean side of the Promenade des Anglais. This path can be crowded and there are peds/bikes crossing at every roadway crosswalk.

You have options east, north and west of town.

Heading west past the airport and Var River will take you to the 70.3 IMWC bike course area - Vence, Saint Jeannette, Carros, etc. This is a long traverse on the path if near the race venue. I did this once this past June and wouldn't do it again unless leaving very early. There are options northwest through Nice to get across the Var further north, but the routes are circuitous and will have traffic.

You can head north and there are lots of climbing options. I did not have the opportunity to try this direction in June so I can't speak to traffic.

My recommendation would be to head east towards Eze, La Turbie, Monaco and Menton. The corniche roads are spectacular. There are upper and middle options that merge at points. For less climbing the coast road works too, but again, I'm uncertain about traffic. Likely better to leave very early. To get out of town follow the Promenade des Anglais east around the castle park and to the harbor. There was a lot of construction underway when we were there so getting through here was a free-for-all. Once around the harbor there are 3 main choices for heading east. We rode the iconic Col de Eze route around the observatory and it starts climbing right from the harbor! Spectacular ride. Great views. From here it is just a matter of how far you want to ride and how much you want to climb. Col de Madone is right above Menton. There are several looping routes that run through La Turbie.

I'm excited to add in some of these great rides!

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
In the interest of trying to pack light, do you think the water temps should fall into legal limits by race day? I'd love not to bring it, but I'm also not going to handicap myself if the race is wetsuit legal.

Temperatures are still quite high. Not super hot during the day, but the night stay well above 20°C. Forecast does not show any significant drop to be expected. So, unless there will be some kind of tidal effect that pushes colder water from the Atlantic to the east or IM throws ice cubes at the place where they measure temperature, I would expect wetsuit non-legal swim.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 WC - NICE [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks!!

Almost unlimited options. It depends a bit on where you are staying and how much climbing or traffic you are comfortable with. From downtown most of your options will probably include part of the cycling path along the ocean side of the Promenade des Anglais. This path can be crowded and there are peds/bikes crossing at every roadway crosswalk.

You have options east, north and west of town.

Heading west past the airport and Var River will take you to the 70.3 IMWC bike course area - Vence, Saint Jeannette, Carros, etc. This is a long traverse on the path if near the race venue. I did this once this past June and wouldn't do it again unless leaving very early. There are options northwest through Nice to get across the Var further north, but the routes are circuitous and will have traffic.

You can head north and there are lots of climbing options. I did not have the opportunity to try this direction in June so I can't speak to traffic.

My recommendation would be to head east towards Eze, La Turbie, Monaco and Menton. The corniche roads are spectacular. There are upper and middle options that merge at points. For less climbing the coast road works too, but again, I'm uncertain about traffic. Likely better to leave very early. To get out of town follow the Promenade des Anglais east around the castle park and to the harbor. There was a lot of construction underway when we were there so getting through here was a free-for-all. Once around the harbor there are 3 main choices for heading east. We rode the iconic Col de Eze route around the observatory and it starts climbing right from the harbor! Spectacular ride. Great views. From here it is just a matter of how far you want to ride and how much you want to climb. Col de Madone is right above Menton. There are several looping routes that run through La Turbie.

I'm excited to add in some of these great rides!

Hope this helps!

THANK YOU!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next