Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options
Quote | Reply
So I keep hearing how bad the Aduro is comparatively, but I’ve never seen any numbers to back this up.

If I were to switch to one of the Tririg bars or something comparable, what am I looking at savings in terms of watts? I’m thinking I may keep the p5 instead of looking at the p5d. This would be a much cheaper option, but don’t want to drop a grand if it’s not actually any faster.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aerodynamically, the Aduro is not bad at all! On the contrary, it's quite good. But from an adjustment standpoint, it's pretty awful. It forces you to cut your steerer tube, and then live with very limited stack adjustment options, all of which require a complete recabling to accomplish. If you're happy with your current position and never want to experiment with others, the Aduro isn't a problem. But if, like virtually 100% of the athletes on the planet, you might benefit from minor tweaks over time, it isn't ideal.

Keep in mind I have a horse (or two) in this race, so feel free to investigate the facts for yourself.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nick. No problem I understand. I’m more or less happy with my position. My only real issue is the stack height since they got rid of the x-low before I could get one. But I’m thinking if I get one of the 15 deg angle risers that may help some too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick is there a way to incorporate some kind of beard to Tri Rig to cover the cable like arduro?
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. A couple folks on here have done custom 3D printed jobs. Or you may be interested in our upcoming Universal Cover.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just glued the two halves of the P5 brake cover together and glued that to the TriRig brake cover:

Quote Reply
Re: How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am actually keeping my lagura wanted to cover the brake cable going down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Aerodynamically, the Aduro is not bad at all! On the contrary, it's quite good. But from an adjustment standpoint, it's pretty awful. It forces you to cut your steerer tube, and then live with very limited stack adjustment options, all of which require a complete recabling to accomplish. If you're happy with your current position and never want to experiment with others, the Aduro isn't a problem. But if, like virtually 100% of the athletes on the planet, you might benefit from minor tweaks over time, it isn't ideal.

Keep in mind I have a horse (or two) in this race, so feel free to investigate the facts for yourself.

Hi TriRig, this is my configuration for now, with a self-made solution for the bottles. As you see, I run 2 bottles in line. Surfing through ST my eye fell on your TriRig Alpha One which has a stock possibility for two BTAs.
My question is now, what would you estimate is the aero advantage of a TriRig Alpha One over my solution?

Quote Reply
Re: How bad is the 3t Aduro vs other options [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's tough to say definitively, because there are several complicating factors on your frame. I do expect that Alpha One or Alpha X would have less frontal area, and most likely represent a quantifiable savings. How much? Well, our closest comparison would be the clip-on setup we ran, which was about 6 Watts slower. But I don't think you're in that territory because your base bar is a little cleaner than the one we ran in that setup. So I'd estimate somewhere between 3 and 6 Watts of savings.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
It's tough to say definitively, because there are several complicating factors on your frame. I do expect that Alpha One or Alpha X would have less frontal area, and most likely represent a quantifiable savings. How much? Well, our closest comparison would be the clip-on setup we ran, which was about 6 Watts slower. But I don't think you're in that territory because your base bar is a little cleaner than the one we ran in that setup. So I'd estimate somewhere between 3 and 6 Watts of savings.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Something to consider when I want to give myself a chrismas present..
Quote Reply