Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fastest track tire for indoor, wood velodrome: FMB, Dugast, Vittoria?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for race day tires for the wood track in LA. Not that I like to spend this much on tires but I think it's an area that I shouldn't be stingy on with the goals that I've given myself. Thanks!

In an email from Dugast, they claim there is about 1-3 watts between a silk and cotton tire. Any thoughts on this? For what it's worth, I plan to be on older Zipp 900 discs front and back.

FMB Piste Super Record Latex (20 or 22mm) $125
FMB Piste Latex (22mm) $110
Dugast Piste Latex Cotton (18, 20, 22 or 23 mm) $100
Dugast Piste Latex Silk (18, 20, 22 or 23 mm) $120
Vittoria Pista Speed 1.0 (19 or 23mm)
Vittoria Pista Speed 2.0 (19 or 23mm)
Vittoria Corsa Speed 1.0 (19 or 23mm)
Vittoria Corsa Speed 2.0 (19 or 23mm)
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Mar 13, 19 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest track tire for indoor, wood velodrome: FMB, Dugast, Vittoria? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Speed 1.0, reliable source said they were a solid step up from the old Pista Evo's. (last year)

Next time it'll likely be that I buy the Pink Dugast's or the 2.0's.

Size depends on your wheel.

(Sorry not a ton of data out there, and mine is now dated)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest track tire for indoor, wood velodrome: FMB, Dugast, Vittoria? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HUUB/Wattbike uses 23 Pista Speeds. If Vittoria is sponsoring them, then you can disregard that, but if not I'd guess they tested all the ones you are interested in. I think narrower tires are likely to be better on your narrow rim.

Maybe worthwhile to do your own roller testing?
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest track tire for indoor, wood velodrome: FMB, Dugast, Vittoria? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add a new set of rollers to my list of things to acquire. Right now I'm thinking a 19/20mm up front and 22/23 on the rear, unless you would suggest otherwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes sense. What event?
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest track tire for indoor, wood velodrome: FMB, Dugast, Vittoria? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 4 km individual pursuit at elite nationals. Being based in Phoenix, I'm too far away from a velodrome and too busy with work to focus on much else at the moment but I'm hoping to ride a sub 4:29, meeting/besting the last US time standard that I heard of and hopefully earning a look from USAC for the Tokyo TP squad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont have the data but Vittoria Pista Speed is the favourite choice at the moment (sponsor commitments not withstanding). Conti Olympics used to be popular at the top level too but they are really fragile and dont seem to be any faster than the Pista Speed - which is also fragile just not quite as bad. Plus its half the price...
Quote Reply