Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any chance to run Boston this year?
Quote | Reply
I know it's a long shot. I've qualified and run it in the past, but mostly I concentrate on TRI.
I just found out I'm going to be in town on business that day. Any chance to squeeze in somehow?
Backup plan is to cheer the finish line, or maybe volunteer?
I'm no bandit, FWIW.

Thanks,

Rick

Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go...
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance to run Boston this year? [strtezbckoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zero percent. If you didn't register then don't run. Don't risk a lifetime ban from the race out of convenience. I'd just go to the finish line and celebrate with all the other spectators - chances are you'll have a better time than running with that on your conscience.
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance to run Boston this year? [smccauley49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He says he's not going to bandit it.

OP, there are various charities and whatnot that have bibs; I've never gone that route so can't point you towards any, but there are LOTS of non-qualified bibs.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to cheer at the finish line; unlike virtually any other marathon (Olympics venue being one exception) the Boston Marathon has all the volunteers it needs and registration is closed.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Volunteer!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance to run Boston this year? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, my mistake. Apologies to the OP! In that case I would revise my response to just say volunteer or spectate!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a multisport athlete you can do this https://www.facebook.com/...ghtmarathonbikeride/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is always an avenue in. I think/bet $8,500 will get you in though you may have to pay your race entry fee too : )

https://www.umb.edu/csde/camp_shriver/boston_marathon

If that doesn't work and you are willing to really pony up more, I am sure there are ways in if you really want it.
Quote Reply