Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!"
Quote | Reply
I can enthusiastically support Trump on this!

President Trump on Monday threw his support behind efforts to keep the United States permanently on daylight saving time, which took effect Sunday morning.

"Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" Trump tweeted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-endorses-permanent-daylight-saving-time/ar-BBUDeZ7?li=BBnb7Kz

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

President Trump on Monday threw his support behind efforts to keep the United States permanently on daylight saving time, which took effect Sunday morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-endorses-permanent-daylight-saving-time/ar-BBUDeZ7?li=BBnb7Kz

I don't give a crap where it is, as long as we stop fucking with the clocks. Even the dogs were confused this AM.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

I don't give a crap where it is, as long as we stop fucking with the clocks. Even the dogs were confused this AM.

this. changing clocks is stupid. Pick one and stick with it. Dont care which one.
Last edited by: tfleeger: Mar 11, 19 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've decided that Daylight Saving Time should be renamed to "The Government hates parents with young kids day".

Pick one. Stick with it. My preference would be to stick with daylight "saving" time.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not split the baby? Standard time for the morning, with DST for the evening.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Why not split the baby? Standard time for the morning, with DST for the evening.
That's the solution!

Changing clocks isn't a big deal for me, but if we go to with only "one time" it better be DST. Otherwise it will be light out at 5:00 in the morning here in the summer (along with the current system where it is dark at 4:30 in the winter). Who wants to live like that?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the dates we turn the clocks getting earlier in the Spring and later in the Fall since 2007, we are actually on DST for more of the year [33 weeks] than Standard Time

So... shouldn't Daylight Saving Time be Standard Time and the other be Daylight WASTING Time?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a bill working through the Michigan legislature to make DST permanent. I have no idea what it's chances are, but I'm fine with it. We can adjust our activities if it makes sense without having to adjust the clocks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leave it as is. More and more I think people have a fixed need to bitch about stuff. I don’t even want to think about what people would complain about if we got rid of this.

Let this absorb the negative energy for two weeks a year and move on.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also if there is going to be a need for a time change. Let’s make it Friday to sat not sat to Sunday
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

This. I prefer DST, but I hate changing time. Leave it one way or the other.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Also if there is going to be a need for a time change. Let’s make it Friday to sat not sat to Sunday

Might as well make it a week earlier. It takes my head forever to change for that stupid hour. I'm always looking at the clock and telling myself what time it "really" is.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In central texas, i wish we hadn't changed the clocks this weekend. in june/july/august it is still getting warm at 6pm, so that extra 2 hours of daylight means very little when it is 103. I would rather have the time in the morning when it is cooler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The time change has never bothered me from an internal clock perspective, people always say it throws them off but I've never really noticed it, it's just annoying having to change the 2-3 manual clocks we still have in the house.

That said, it's well past time for us to do away with DST, the benefits/issues no longer really exist for the vast, vast majority of the population.

It'd take some doing coordinating the impact to various markets/services, but it's worth the effort IMO. Stick with one consistent time and be done with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arizona and Hawaii made this decision at the state level - no changing of clocks. The states should just make it happen since we all know nothing will get done in Washington!
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
With the dates we turn the clocks getting earlier in the Spring and later in the Fall since 2007, we are actually on DST for more of the year [33 weeks] than Standard Time

So... shouldn't Daylight Saving Time be Standard Time and the other be Daylight WASTING Time?

If we switch, a lot of people are saying it should be known as Trump Time.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Arizona and Hawaii made this decision at the state level - no changing of clocks. The states should just make it happen since we all know nothing will get done in Washington!

I think going to permanent DST for any state requires approval by US congress. Going to permanent standard time requires approval of DOT. At least that's what I heard but I wasn't listening very closely.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milkman1982 wrote:
In central texas, i wish we hadn't changed the clocks this weekend. in june/july/august it is still getting warm at 6pm, so that extra 2 hours of daylight means very little when it is 103. I would rather have the time in the morning when it is cooler.
The time is there. It's just that business schedules are dictating when you useless and useful daylight occurs. I want to go to work at 5am and leave at 1pm in mid-summer but my company isn't letting me do that.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think i am just going to tell my employer that i work standard time hours and to please accommodate accordingly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Yes, lets do this as an executive order or state of emergency.. what ever the hell way we can end this madness.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
RandMart wrote:

If we switch, a lot of people are saying it should be known as Trump Time.

"a lot of people are saying "

Well played!
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
The time change has never bothered me from an internal clock perspective, people always say it throws them off but I've never really noticed it, it's just annoying having to change the 2-3 manual clocks we still have in the house.

That said, it's well past time for us to do away with DST, the benefits/issues no longer really exist for the vast, vast majority of the population.

It'd take some doing coordinating the impact to various markets/services, but it's worth the effort IMO. Stick with one consistent time and be done with it.

It doesn't affect me (or at least I don't think it does). It does affect my kids which makes it a pain in my ass that I would rather live without.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Trump pulls this off he'll get my 2020 vote /pink

Honestly if he does pull it off, it'll be the one good thing he's truly remembered for. Hell of a legacy.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: "Making Daylight Saving Time permanent is O.K. with me!" [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
There is a bill working through the Michigan legislature to make DST permanent. I have no idea what it's chances are, but I'm fine with it. We can adjust our activities if it makes sense without having to adjust the clocks.

I went to undergrad at Purdue in West Lafayette, IN. At the time, parts of IN did not observe DST. West Lafayette did not observe DST. So, half the year I was on Central time and half the year I was on Eastern time. It was a pain in the ass. Worse, however, is that you could not even count on the rest of the state to be in sync with you. That changed in 2006, well after I left, when the state legislature mandated that the entire state would observe DST. But, what a pain in the ass prior to that.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply