Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone else do the Death March Ride in Hoosier National Forest Indiana on Saturday?
Quote | Reply
Did my first ever gravel ride on Saturday...the aptly named Death March Ride in Indiana's Hoosier National Forest. Really interesting concept...teams of two have to visit 5 cemeteries located in the forest, but you don't know two of them until race morning, about 10 minutes before the ride starts. There are also a bunch of other cemeteries you can visit to get time bonuses. At the end of the race, you have to provide photographic proof that you were at each cemetery you are claiming. My cyclocross team (The Optimists from Middletown, Ohio) sent 8 to do the race, and we tried to stay together for the most part. Weather was absolutely horrific...36ish degrees average temperature with pouring rain starting at noon. I have never been so cold in my entire life. Took about an hour for my hands to get feeling back in them. My teammate and I got 41st out of 61 official finishers, with another 28 DNFs.

Anyone else out there on Saturday with some good stories?

ETA: Photos of the event can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/...blic/photos-ranking/

My team is the group of 7 guys (one didn't make the picture).

Last edited by: spot: Mar 11, 19 7:48
Quote Reply