Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tokyo 2020 Qualification
Quote | Reply
Can someone please explain to me the qualification process for Tokyo 2020? And how many spots each country get, and on what basis, and how is MTR different from individual qualification?
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.triathlete.com/...ification-101_325268

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Brooks. As always, you are the resident draft legal man here. And it was nice to meet you in person at Clermont last week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're interested in what the current rankings look like right now, here's the link to the women's rankings, and here's the link to the men's. There's also information on the sidebar on the left pertaining to criteria and such, and MTR rankings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great meeting you guys down there! Solid week for your daughter over the 2 race weekends!!!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The women's rankings are so interesting. In the top 15, 11 of them are from the UK or USA. That means FIVE of the top 15 girls won't even be in the olympics.

Spain's men have four in the top 20. But no medal contenders/people who will change the race are going to miss out on the Olympics.

I guess we'll see how this plays out over the next 15 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oprfcc wrote:
The women's rankings are so interesting. In the top 15, 11 of them are from the UK or USA. That means FIVE of the top 15 girls won't even be in the olympics.

Spain's men have four in the top 20. But no medal contenders/people who will change the race are going to miss out on the Olympics.

I guess we'll see how this plays out over the next 15 months.

Spain has 4 men but no medal contenders???? so you saying the 3 time reigning world champ, you know the guy who has consistently won more races than anyone else for the last 3 years, is NOT a medal contender?
Sorry but can't agree
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No what he is saying is that if the 4th guy gets left out, he's not a medal contender. Whereas in US or GB you have realistic top 5/7 WTS finishers likely not making the Olympics.

(reread what he says it's a bit mistyped but he's saying that no one likely within medal contender will be left out for Spain).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AH, well that makes more sense. I was also thinking that could change if Gomez ends up being put in the team, but as long as they have 3 in that top 30ish it will not really be someone with medal potential who would miss out, more a top 20 finisher.
Quote Reply
Re: Tokyo 2020 Qualification [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, english is my first language.

Brooks decoded the riddle.
Quote Reply