Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

All Road Travel Bike Suggs and Reccos (Help me choose my bike)
Quote | Reply
I travel a ton for work and am looking to get a one tool bike for me to take on my work trips. Right not I take a Road bike mostly, but also sometimes a mountain bike. I always find myself wanting to ride roads when I have the mountain and trails with my road. So I am leaning to a gravel bike or road bike that will allow some wide tires and for gravel. 90% of my rides are road based, but like to twist off every now and then.

I am leaning to a titanium bike, because they are nearly indestructible and I travel weekly. Hauling around a carbon bike weekly scares me. Should it, or am I over thinking?

What gravel bikes with road like geometry would you guys recommend. I am looking to keep it under $5000 so Moots, Seven, a lot of the custom titanium builders are out, unless you know a place I can get a hell of a deal on a slightly used 56cm.

That leaves Litespeed and Lynskey. Also looking at Trek Domane (fit 30mm tires), Salsa Warbird, Pivot Gravel, Santa Cruz Stigmata. I am wanting 2X drive train with either Ultegra and Sram Force22 or greater.

What are y'alls recommendations? Help me choose my bike.
Last edited by: Etexag: Mar 10, 19 16:58
Quote Reply
Re: All Road Travel Bike Suggs and Reccos (Help me choose my bike) [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lynskey has their frames and bikes discounted all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: All Road Travel Bike Suggs and Reccos (Help me choose my bike) [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are travelling that frequently (drive, fly, train...?) would you benefit from a breakaway bike? While carbon, I think the Ritchey Outback breakaway would be a great option for your use case (and with the custom smaller case, safe for travel too).
Quote Reply
Re: All Road Travel Bike Suggs and Reccos (Help me choose my bike) [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting! That looks like a pretty nice bike. I currently travel with a Ruster Henhouse. That means I have 2 bags plus luggage. This all fits into one bag.

Frame around $3200.... that leaves me 1800 to finish it out. Won't be an Di2 or Etap bike, but convenience of it may trump electronics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSDC_zef-7o
Quote Reply