Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What was the placebo vs dope concensus on topical “lactic” creams
Quote | Reply
I thought anything through the skin was a no. I follow a popular anti doper athlete on Strava giving out discount codes for “lactigo” in a recent activity comment section.

I thought we agreed here it was either all placebo BS or if it did go through skin was illegal.

A bit disappointed to see that person giving out discount codes on Strava for stuff like that. You’d think people that skilled to be “in the know” about why it’s placebo or illegal.

That’s all.
Quote Reply
Re: What was the placebo vs dope concensus on topical “lactic” creams [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I thought anything through the skin was a no. I follow a popular anti doper athlete on Strava giving out discount codes for “lactigo” in a recent activity comment section.

I thought we agreed here it was either all placebo BS or if it did go through skin was illegal.

A bit disappointed to see that person giving out discount codes on Strava for stuff like that. You’d think people that skilled to be “in the know” about why it’s placebo or illegal.

That’s all.

Topical delivery is not a banned delivery mechanism at all (unless it contains prohibited substances).

I agree that this substance is probably garbage, trying to latch on to the PR Topical Lotion Edge advertising blitz. The "active" ingredients appear to be Epsom salt and L-carnosine. As far as I can tell there's jack-all evidence suggesting that Epsom salt helps in muscle recovery at all. It's just myth. There's is some evidence supporting L-carnosine as an endurnace aid, so that at least passes initial the laugh test. But possibly not other laugh tests, like does the lotion actually effectively deliver a useful dose?

There's a little bit of evidence that Topical PR Edge Lotion could give the same relatively proven-but-marginal benefits of sodium bicarbonate supplementation without risk of upsetting your stomach by oral ingestion. But I'm pretty skeptical of this stuff too, particularly given the pixie-dust levels of baking soda in the stuff. Though at least the company that makes the stuff does have a plausible mechanism for efficient delivery through the skin. Not much detail available, but it seems more legit.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 10, 19 16:34
Quote Reply
Re: What was the placebo vs dope concensus on topical “lactic” creams [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected then.

I just grew up on food and a Flintstones vitamin. Same these days. So that may frame why it seems foreign to me.

Looking at prices on most “endurance aids” legit or not, out of my price range anyway. I couldn’t afford $100/mo in vitamins and creams.
Quote Reply
Re: What was the placebo vs dope concensus on topical “lactic” creams [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Looking at prices on most “endurance aids” legit or not, out of my price range anyway. I couldn’t afford $100/mo in vitamins and creams.

Yeah, it's insane. I have a hard time with the promotion of some of this stuff. There are people I like and respect pitching the PR Lotion baking soda. But damn the cost of that stuff is so insane and the effects so marginal....some of the pro/former-pro "testimonials" are hard to read.
Quote Reply