Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buying gravel bike sight unseen. Order frame size based on stack/reach or?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at adding an all road type of bike to the arsenal but it seems locally there are only a handful of shops with bikes at the moment and even fewer in my size. Most can still order what I (potentially) need, I think, but I wanted to get an idea of what I should order, sight unseen.

Should I order based on what my current road bike is (for stack/reach) and make some adjustments here and there for fit, or should I consider some other measurement when it comes to gravel bikes? I've read some people mention you should size down for cx/gravel, etc..

What are your thoughts? Slightly taller stack/shorter reach than roadie?

Short list bikes:
Kona Rove NRB
Felt Breed
Spec Diverge
Ridley X-road
Quote Reply
Re: Buying gravel bike sight unseen. Order frame size based on stack/reach or? [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at the bike fit tools on this forum? One useful one is the Hx and HY calculator. Hx and Hy areasired to the bore of the handlebars.

Enter in a stem and spacer combo and it will backwards calculate to a frame stack and reach. You can then take those numbers to the stack and reach database or to the websites of the bikes you are thinking about and choose that way.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Buying gravel bike sight unseen. Order frame size based on stack/reach or? [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gravel fits the same as road.

The only difference between my two positions is wider bars (38 vs 42) and a 1cm less drop on gravel.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying gravel bike sight unseen. Order frame size based on stack/reach or? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I can not figure out where these bike fit calculators are on the site.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying gravel bike sight unseen. Order frame size based on stack/reach or? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I should order as close as possible? All gravel frames seem to have a higher stack than my roadie, chances are I'd be slamming the stem a bit?
Quote Reply