Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

.: On Topic! - Pedals < $100.00 :.
Quote | Reply
Can any one recommend any good pedals for less that $100? I am looking as the Ritchey V3's and Shimano 105 SPD-R's right now. Maybe Speedplay X3's but I am not sure about the unlimited float.

Thanks,

-kb
Quote Reply
Re: .: On Topic! - Pedals < $100.00 :. [MachV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I like speedplay. I went from regular spd pedals to speedplays and don't have a problem with the unlimited float. I actually prefer it. It will feel strange at first, though. I also love that I never have to look down to clip in. I've got the X3's on one road bike and X1's on the other road bike and the tri-bike. I've never had maintenance issues with any of them.

The cleats are very durable. I have 3 pairs of shoes with speedplay cleats and have never had to replace them, which is good since replacement cleasts are 36 bucks.

I'm sure your LBS would take them back for store credit if you found you just couldn't get used to the float.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a no brainer. Get Eggbeaters. Performance has them on sale right now for $79. They are very light, have four sided entry and will never jam in a muddy transition area. I have Speedplay Zero's on my tri bike which cost over $200 but honestly they don't perform any better than the Eggbeaters and are almost identicle in weight.
Quote Reply
Re: .: On Topic! - Pedals < $100.00 :. [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

I have been leaning towards the Speedplays.

-kb
Quote Reply
Re: .: On Topic! - Pedals < $100.00 :. [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of cleats on the Eggbeater's. I assume SPD?

-kb
Quote Reply
I have the Ritchie pedals [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and they suck. The cleat is imposible to set where you want it and even after 4 months with them I'm still having a hard time cliping in. The tension adjustment is way too sensitive, one quarter turn and they are so loose that they make noise, a quarter turn the other way and you're never getting out. I opted for never getting out, I just leave my shoes in them all the time. As far as I can tell SPD-R's are the same, at least the cleat is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about Look pp396's? You can get them from totalcycling.com for $65+$25 shipping . And I got them in something like 3 days. Good pedals at a great price.

http://www.totalcycling.com/

mobiunc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What type of cleats on the Eggbeater's. I assume SPD?

-kb
They use their own cleat, though it's similar to the SPD cleat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30 bucks for a pedal wrench. Voulnteer to help with transition one at the next race. 20 bucks for replacement cleats. Saved half of your 100.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: .: On Topic! - Pedals < $100.00 :. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice. I already have a pedal wrench. What does your bike look like and what races do you plan to enter?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply