Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

xlab torpedo, am i doing something wrong?
Quote | Reply
i find it very hard to suck liquid from the torpedo.

i went as far as to purchase an entire new one thinking the little tiny valve on mine was plugged or something. same thing. using the quick fill lid it seems i can drink more faster, but when the solid lid is on its nearly impossible to move fluids.

anyone have any tips or ever ran into this before?)

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: xlab torpedo, am i doing something wrong? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
using the quick fill lid it seems i can drink more faster, but when the solid lid is on its nearly impossible to move fluids.
I’ve seen others voice the exact same complaint.

I have mine with the quick fill lid and have no problems drinking. I have never tried it with the sealed lid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You aren't doing anything wrong. I use the quick fill cap and that plastic valve thing was removed a long time ago. So it spills a little at the beginning. That's the least of the mess in that area of my bike when I roll into T2.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drilled a hole in the rubber plug that goes in the alternate straw hole to let air flow more easily into the bottle.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Mar 7, 19 17:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a Vision DS1 it is so much better than a torpedo that I was using before it...

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/drinking-system-ds1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using mine for three years and had a few minor issues. The black rubber washer had come out a few times (probably from me washing it and not being careful). Also I had to replace a bottle as it deformed and started leaking (Xlab replaced it for free). My guess is it was the Arizona heat!
Do you bite the end a little first?
Quote Reply
Re: xlab torpedo, am i doing something wrong? [Jgill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jgill wrote:
Do you bite the end a little first?

I also cut the bite valve off of my straw.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you doing something wrong? Yes, you are not capitalizing the first words of your sentences.
Quote Reply
Re: xlab torpedo, am i doing something wrong? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
I drilled a hole in the rubber plug that goes in the alternate straw hole to let air flow more easily into the bottle.

This. I had the same problem when using the solid lid and had to drill a vent into the rubber plug. I think I had to go up to something like 1/8" due to how it would close back up. Start small, suck and test. I could drink easily with the split lid, but always ended in lot of spillage which is fine when using water, but an utter mess if using sports drink of any sort.
Quote Reply
Re: xlab torpedo, am i doing something wrong? [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get rid of the bite valve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have mentioned, don't use the bite valve. Just cut it off and draw from the tube. I did that and liquid flows better, I get less air in my stomach, and fluid doesn't get warm from sitting in the sun in the tube.

Better suggestion: ditch it and use bottles or hand up bottles in the cage. That's where I ended.
Quote Reply