Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotta start them young with branding.. not a dumb move
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:

Wouldn't imagine that the 1%ers are lining up to buy these new Harley's for their kids. Hell, they're not even made in 'merica.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are becoming desperate for new customers because their current ones are dying off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the electric wave begins for two-wheelers...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Wouldn't imagine that the 1%ers are lining up to buy these new Harley's for their kids. Hell, they're not even made in 'merica.

Everyone I know with a HOG.. is very far from a 1%... and I know quite a few.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF? The last people to "need" an e-bike is a kid.

One step closer to Wall_E, I guess...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was a kid the neighbor kids had one of those go cart things that you ordered in the mail, powered by a lawn mower engine.

Sort of like this...

Anyway, I asked my dad if I could have one and he said, “if it has wheels it can only be powered by you. Kids need exercise.”

RIP, Dick.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
When I was a kid the neighbor kids had one of those go cart things that you ordered in the mail, powered by a lawn mower engine.

Sort of like this...

Anyway, I asked my dad if I could have one and he said, “if it has wheels it can only be powered by you. Kids need exercise.”

RIP, Dick.

I'm fairly certain he saved you from an early death...in more ways than one.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely he did.

RIP, Dick.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Everyone I know with a HOG.. is very far from a 1%... and I know quite a few.

Agreed, but I'd say most of them are fat old guys...and I know quite a few.

HD can't go on selling over bloated cruisers to the 50+ crowd forever. That's why they're diversifying in order to attract younger buyers. But that also means they have to manufacture their new products off shore, which is why Trump has his panties in a knot. BTW - my 29 yr old son owns a 2015 HD Roadster 1200, which is really rare for anybody that young. Went from a 300cc crotch rocket to the HD, but know wants to sell it for a Triumph Bobber. When was the last time you saw anybody under the age of 50 buying an HD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the new lineup from H-D? Still not my bag, but you can't say they're not at least trying to diversify.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
When was the last time you saw anybody under the age of 50 buying an HD.

My neighbor who is in his early 40's and who is Indian (india) My brother in law who is over 50 now, but probably in his late 30 when he got his first HD.

HD's are not my thing though
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Have you seen the new lineup from H-D? Still not my bag, but you can't say they're not at least trying to diversify.

Maybe someday. None of that stuff is real yet. I spend two days in a big local HD dealer in November taking the MSF basic course with my son. Seemed like there were only two or three models, offered in various schemes. All lazy boy bikes.

Going for the Adv touring market isn't changing their demographic much, still 50+ but wearing armored textile instead of leather vests and chaps. That bike will need to be a performer to pull guys off their Africa Twins, Ducatis, and BMWs. (Disclaimer: I'm a redneck Adv Tourer, i.e. KLR).

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Harley Davidson introduces its new model [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
TiDriver wrote:

Maybe someday. None of that stuff is real yet. I spend two days in a big local HD dealer in November taking the MSF basic course with my son. Seemed like there were only two or three models, offered in various schemes. All lazy boy bikes.

Going for the Adv touring market isn't changing their demographic much, still 50+ but wearing armored textile instead of leather vests and chaps. That bike will need to be a performer to pull guys off their Africa Twins, Ducatis, and BMWs. (Disclaimer: I'm a redneck Adv Tourer, i.e. KLR).

Its all on the back burner and looks exciting but I suspect by the time it gets to production they'll be behind the curve. HD has no street cred with anything except big slow cruisers so their name alone won't cut it in the other markets unless they come out with some really unique products.Interesting how Reagan did everything to save HD with his mid 80's tariffs on Japanese motorcycles while Trump seems intent on destroying HD with his tariffs.
Quote Reply