Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long Distance Bib Recommendations
Quote | Reply
I will be doing a bike packing trip in the next month where we expect to do ~8-10 hours a day for 5 days. Any recommendations on bib for this?

I use Voler stuff for everyday training and I am fine for 4-6 hours. Castelli stuff is good for that as well, but not quite as comfortable. Bioracer and Velotec I like, but I've only used their skinsuits.

The only brand I've ever had an issue with is the De Soto 400 mile bib. I bought it for these really long days, but they will give me saddle sores after an hour long ride. Every time. I haven't had saddle sores in years with anything else but those so please don't recommend that brand.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Long Distance Bib Recommendations [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never done that much riding, but I'd say that chamois cream is almost as important as the bibs. I use Chamois Buttr', but there are lots of options out there to reduce chafing and friction. Others can probably offer suggestions for bibs.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Long Distance Bib Recommendations [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks and I agree. Good chamois cream and hygiene are always the first step!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ale bibs with the Double Ergo shammy. Expressly made for this purpose.
Quote Reply
Re: Long Distance Bib Recommendations [Sim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any specific model?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rapha Brevet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos just released their new product line (S9) which admittedly I haven't tried.
But the last model S7 Milleshorts and Equipe are both great.

The Milleshorts in particular, I have comfortably ridden 7-8 days in a row without laundering them. Probably 5+ years and 15000 kms of riding the same pair of shorts and there's no pilling, rips, detachment of the chamois or anything.

The Equip has a slightly larger and thicker pad as well as different bib straps.

The Assos chamois is huge, goes almost up to my navel in the front, covers the whole dick, gooch and far out to the sides so there's zero chafing in any riding position. The bib straps on the Assos shorts sit just to the outsides of your nipples so there is no chafing either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the DeSoto 400-milers. I have never ridden more than 6 hours in them, however.

They also have a slit in the front making it easy to urinate if you're a guy. (Your name makes me think you're a guy, but I can't be 100% confident!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos.
Quote Reply
Re: Long Distance Bib Recommendations [beatle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assos here aswell. I never use any cream or anything and i never have any chafing, even with longer rides or riding multiple days in a row.
Quote Reply