Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Relocation to Jacksonville, FL
Quote | Reply
I posted this over four years ago: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...AN19030%5D_P5353146/

I finally got the call about the transfer to Jacksonville. So it looks like we'll be moving in the June time frame.

Just wanted to get the latest info from people about the 'burbs and communities south of Jacksonville, most likely the St Johns/St. Augustine area.

These communities caught our attention so far. My wife generally likes Lennar's floor plans and homes but it doesn't have to be a Lennar home. Seems like those general areas have some upscale, new master planned communities.

https://www.lennar.com/...e/st-johns/celestina

https://www.lennar.com/...t-augustine/palencia

Thanks for the advice!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Relocation to Jacksonville, FL [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can help as I basically “live” in Jacksonville one week a month for work. Feel free to respond here or PM me. For property tax purposes you DEFINITELY want to be in St Johns County. Not that Duval is bad by any means... it’s just that St. John’s is so cheap. Schools in St. John’s are generally better.

Do you mind me asking where you’ll be working? My assumption would be somewhere near Southside/Deerwood Park but some info on that would help me give you info on a commute.
Quote Reply
Re: Relocation to Jacksonville, FL [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I can help as I basically “live” in Jacksonville one week a month for work. Feel free to respond here or PM me. For property tax purposes you DEFINITELY want to be in St Johns County. Not that Duval is bad by any means... it’s just that St. John’s is so cheap. Schools in St. John’s are generally better.

Do you mind me asking where you’ll be working? My assumption would be somewhere near Southside/Deerwood Park but some info on that would help me give you info on a commute.

FBI Jacksonville field office. 295 & 202 across the highway from St Johns Town Center mall.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moving to Florida in June. Who did you piss off? :)

Good luck with your move. I noticed you're in Texas now, so it probably won't be too much of a difference in weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several of the C suite executives at my old company lived in Ponte Vedra. They seemed to like it, and (referring to your 4 year old post) seemed to have similar wants and needs in terms of giant McMansions and decent schools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

FBI Jacksonville field office. 295 & 202 across the highway from St Johns Town Center mall.

Well, just know there's going to be traffic but it's not bad at all if you time it right. Any reason you're not looking in Nocatee? What are you looking for in a community?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nocatee is in the mix. Kind of the same general vicinity, no?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is jupiter part of your territory? you going to be doing "surveillance"?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck on move, I liked Nocatee as often raced out of Mickler's Landing and rode thru community. Unfortunately, many new homes had CDD (community development districts) & Hoa fees. Not sure on schools etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes but Nocatee is about five minutes or so closer to work for you, the community has better amenities (community fitness center, bike paths, etc) IMO, you can get out to Ponte Vedra Beach pretty quickly... honestly it would be my pick if you're looking in that area. Beachwalk might be worth looking at too if you're a big swimmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay... Beachwalk is a cool ass looking neighborhood.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in St Johns (neighborhood beside Nocatee) and work in Jacksonville (drive by your soon-to-be building on my way home every day) so am in a similar situation that you'll be. One thing I would look for (especially in Palencia, if I recall) is whether or not you are in a flood zone. Feel free to PM me with any questions or I can answer them on here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a good tool for seeing if a neighborhood is in a flood zone:

http://www.sjcfl.us/GIS/iMap.aspx

Click "accept".
Zoom in a bit on the area you're interested in.
Click "Flood Zone Layers" on the toolbar on the right hand side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You work for the Fbi?
Quote Reply
Re: Relocation to Jacksonville, FL [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep

Quote Reply