Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Infinit on IM run?
Quote | Reply
I have had great success with my custom Infinit nutrition on the bike, but usually switch over to Clif shots on the run course. It works but as you all know interest in anything around mile 10 on during the marathon is pretty hard.

So one idea was to keep pushing Infinit. Obviously bottles and powders etc are an issue, but short of that anyone use it and have success?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit on IM run? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get a super low flavor run only blend that you can super concentrate for a small flask that you carry? with infinit (i’m an infinit user) it seems like the only real option that i’ve come up with for long distance running.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit on IM run? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I run very low flavor orange. 288 calories per 2 scoops. So do you make up bottles for special needs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Yes, I run very low flavor orange. 288 calories per 2 scoops. So do you make up bottles for special needs?

i havnt done a full distance yet. a flask did last me nearly an entire 70.3 run leg though.

i despise carrying anything of any weight on me when i’m running but the trick is finding a good tight fitting flask solution.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
totally agree, I hate caring pretty much anything besides a gu or small flask. I even put down my smaller water flask last IM (there were plenty of stations and I was turtling along just fine)...but thinking may a small water flask will keep me moving.

Trying to keep it around 4 -4:15 for the marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the time I'm done with 6 ish hours on the bike and infinit, I want something different. I had a run mix for my first but dumped it 1/3 thru as it was making me sick. If it's hot I carry a hand bottle for water but live off the course.

If you have any protein in your mix, get rid of it for the run mix, it gets very frothy when it's shaken (unless something has changed in the last few years)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Mar 4, 19 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last two Irons I have done I carried concentrated Infinit on the marathons and it was awesome. Especially if your liquid diet the whole day. Pick up a preloaded handheld before the marathon and one at special needs. Sip at every aid station and follow with water. I had to play around with the handheld bottles to one I felt comfortable with for that duration. I landed on a the Nathan SpeedMax plus. You will forget you are carrying anything with the extra jolt of energy and nutrition it gives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Infinit Tripwire for my last IM run and it worked well for me.
Quote Reply