Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replace floor pump head or whole pump?
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using the same pump for many years. Specialized air tool switch hitter. It’s been like 8 years or something I don’t even know. The pump head has been leaky. Should I replace just the head for cheap? Or is it time to replace the whole pump? Leaning towards the head but if it would be better might do the pump.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Replace floor pump head or whole pump? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a silca chuck on my specialized pump because the stock chuck was leaky. It made me happy for a bit, but ultimately ended up buying a new pump that felt a little nicer.

Right now I have some severe pump envy. I’ve been listening to the silca podcasts. Maybe they have subliminal messages, because I’ve even been dreaming about pumps lately :)

Right now it’s hard for me to not buy a digital Lezyne cnc pump. Quality seems good. I think they look great. The digital gauge is nice looking, even if it’s only advertised as 3% accurate.

The silca is so much more expensive. Sure, you get 1% accuracy. Sure, it uses a leather gasket instead of rubber o-ring. I just can’t justify it to myself yet. I wish there was a local place where I could try it out with the Hiro chuck. I’m not in love with the Lezyne chuck, but I can still use the press on silca chuck I already own paired with the Lezyne.

A pump seems like a dumb place to spend money, but it’s something I use really frequently. If a pump can provide just a little joy each use, then that’s worth it to me. Just like I’ve been getting a little joy each time I use my wahoo ELEMNT, compared to the frustration I had with my 820.

I think the Lezyne would be enough for me, and for the price it seems like a good deal. It’s not much more than a specialized or Bontrager pump, but looks much higher quality.

Long story short, I’d say treat yourself to a new pump. You’ll have it for a while, so you may as well choose one you love.
Quote Reply