Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oklahoma City Masters - need to swim while traveling
Quote | Reply
ST'ers, anyone have a suggestion while visiting Oklahoma City for a Masters programs? I'll be there for work and need to get in some swimming.
Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
Quote Reply
Re: Oklahoma City Masters - need to swim while traveling [XX29er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely someone from the area will respond but just in case, there's a club finder on the US Masters Swimming website that shows a few places.

https://www.usms.org/...g=-97.51642759999999

The King Marlin swim club looks pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Oklahoma City Masters - need to swim while traveling [XX29er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I travel to OKC frequently. I stay in mid-town and swim at the YMCA located 1 Northwest 4th Street.
Quote Reply
Re: Oklahoma City Masters - need to swim while traveling [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like there is a master's swim at the Cleveland county YMCA Mon-Thurs 6:30-7:30.
https://triokc.club

If going in April or later, there are really good open water swims in OKC. Living and training in both OKC and Tulsa, I found Tulsa to have the better Master's swim options (Jenks Pool) and OKC to have the better open water swim groups (a lot better than here in Boulder at least...)

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply
Re: Oklahoma City Masters - need to swim while traveling [JourneyToGoPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theres nothing here by way of swimming.

I swim at Lifetime fitness (off of Memorial and May Ave) which is great, a ton of lanes, wide open pool, many triathletes swim here on their own.
The Y downtown sucks because they take a "safety" break every 20 minutes and make everyone get out of the pool.
Theres a Y in Edmond at Mitch park which is the nicest pool in the area. Many triathletes swim here too.
If you're here April-Sept there's a weekly open water swim through Tri-OKC on Wednesdays at lake Arcadia.

Thats about it. Welcome to our beautiful city.
Quote Reply