Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which helmet should I buy [Amnesty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a few years old, but maybe still worth a read.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...nel-and-road-tested/
Quote Reply
Re: Which helmet should I buy [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
I liked the Bontrager Ballista, but I am not sure how that compares to the others. It has pretty decent ventilation for an aero helmet.

I just got a Ballista and used it at IMTX for the first time. I was very pleased with ventilation, and glad I have an aero road helmet as an option. I'll definitely use this in Kona too. While I'm sure it's among the best options for aero road helmets, I've never really been convinced it's better than an actual aero helmet. I'm very tempted to buy a new aero helmet as well, but haven't decided between the options but leaning toward the LG P-09.
Quote Reply
Re: Which helmet should I buy [desimis1877] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desimis1877 wrote:
tyme wrote:
I liked the Bontrager Ballista, but I am not sure how that compares to the others. It has pretty decent ventilation for an aero helmet.

I just got a Ballista and used it at IMTX for the first time. I was very pleased with ventilation, and glad I have an aero road helmet as an option. I'll definitely use this in Kona too. While I'm sure it's among the best options for aero road helmets, I've never really been convinced it's better than an actual aero helmet. I'm very tempted to buy a new aero helmet as well, but haven't decided between the options but leaning toward the LG P-09.

I’ve been using an Gyro Aerohead and like it, except it’s pretty heavy at 70.3 distances for me. So I bought a P-09 recently and finally have tried it out a few times. It’s definitely lighter than the Aerohead, but the shape isn’t as comfortable for me. May just be the contours of my brain bucket. Not enough to be uncomfortable, but just not as good a fit as the Aerohead.

The other thing I noticed is a comment mentioned above: with the built in visor, it lets a lot of air blow into my eyes. I’m not susceptible to dry eyes, but it’s pretty damn annoying. I took the visor off and it’s fine with a pair of sunglasses.

Overall, P09 is a keeper for long distance events due to the lighter weight, but I’m going to stick with the Aerohead for Olympic and shorter distances.
Quote Reply
Re: Which helmet should I buy [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a P-09 and used it for two races and hated the visor and it was crazy noisy. I then went to Rudy Project Boost 01 and that was hot AND the visor sucked,. Now I am on a Cerebel and I thought it was would be hot but I was very comfortable at 28 degrees Celsius during a 3 hour ride (and I run hot in general) and the visor is incredibly clear. I would definitely recommend it. The only con is that you cannot adjust it during a ride. You have stop take the helmet off and adjust and then go again (or at least I haven't figured out how to do it).

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Which helmet should I buy [Amnesty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro Aero head test well on so many people barring testing you can't go wrong.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply

Prev Next