Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar?
Quote | Reply
After attempting but not finishing (broken derailleur hanger) the Redlands Strada Rossa yesterday, I am ready for more, but finding events is not always easy. A lot of organizations put one on as a main event of the year, but I have yet to find a site that makes it easy to find and plan for future events. Can we create an ST page where we just add in all the ones about which we know?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Calamityjane88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar? [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am familiar with that site but they definitely fall in the category of 'promote our own events." There is nothing wrong with that, but it makes finding events sort of random.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually get my gravel info from two different guys named Todd. Todd #1 told me about gravelstoke and tells me about local SoCal gravel rides and group gravel riding. Todd #2 tells me about midwest gravel and other interesting events/races. Maybe try finding a Todd?

Sorry I'm not helpful. : (
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar? [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe try finding a Tod.

Not helpful but it was worth a good laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding Gravel has a searchable event calendar. Gravel Cyclist has a good national listing.

Superpro Racing does a number of CA events, and Bike Monkey does a couple mixed surface rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a couple of "comprehensive" calendars that are absent. I'm planning on expanding Slowtwitch's calendar to accommodate these events. Both Gravel & Track could use a bit better calendar. It's not that hard to tweak ours to make it workable.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. The first two are national calendars and by no means comprehensive for SoCal. BikeMonkey looks like NorCal. The two SuperPro events look promising but are both on Sunday, which I don't do (I know that is a MP). Those sites kind of reiterate my desire for a good calendar for the Southern California area. I'm sure a lot of folks probably find stuff via word of mouth, but I only get to ride with others when I go to organized rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some others to follow/check out:
www.socalcycling.com there's an event calendar here, but it's not comprehensive
Follow Spandex Stampede, good events but they also promote other events
gravelganza.BlogSpot.com , just came across this. There's an event schedule, but again, it's limited.

Sadly, I've relied on FB to find out about some events. Once you RSVP for one, its suggests other 'similar' events.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a reasonably comprehensive SoCal gravel calendar? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be helpful. Do st users add them on the present calendars or just the race organizer?
Quote Reply